Sunday Sweetness!!

July 12, 2009

Happy Sunday to you!! Did you have a great weekend? Well, Josh and I hiked the "M" on Saturday morning to get the last photo I needed for my slideshow. At one point, I was pretty sure I was going to die of exhaustion...but I made it. :) Let's just say...I am out of shape. And I forgot how LONG that hike up the mountain really is. But, we have decided that we are going to keep on doing it. (I think I have a death wish or something.) We also went to see the latest Transformers movie yesterday. Is it the most thought provoking or deep movie...heck no! But, who said every movie you watch has to be that?! It was fun, full of action...and I have a soft spot for the autobots, it seems. Especially Bumble Bee...the animation they gave him makes me smile.

I sat down today and made some cards just for fun. I recently got some of the new Doodlebug product in a goodie box, and I ADORE it. Super adorable...full of glitter...the cutest stickers in the world...what more could you ask for? Tee hee! Here is what I got done:

"Sweet As Candy" Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stickers: Doodlebug Designs & Making Memories
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft (w/ Swiss Dots folder)

I also got some card challenges done as well!! This card is based off sketch #23 at CardPatterns. Very cute sketch to work with!
"You Brighten My Day" Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Stickers: Doodlebug Designs
Jewels: Zva Creative
Ink: Clearsnap
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts

This card was done for the current Shortcuts sketch challenge at Caardvarks. Be sure to check the sketch out...it is really fun!! Lots of great examples too!
"Indulge" Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Pizzazzil
Paper/Stickers/Rubons/Jewels/Button: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts

And this one is based on today's sketch at 365 Cards blog. Sorry for the glare, but I wanted to be sure and show that it is a transparent card base. The second image is what it looks like on the inside.
"You Are My Cherry..." Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Transparent Card: Shortcuts
Paper/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Stickers: Doodlebug Designs, Making Memories, Creative Imaginations
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Stampin Up

Well, I better get going for now. I have a review session to go to, and I need to get out the door! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend, and a fabulous Monday!

Until later,
~Lea

31 comments

  1. Wow, I loved all of your cards! they are all very cute! I especially like the one with the candy jars and the cherry acetate card. good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, what fabbie cards...I always love your work!!! thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, these are so fabulous Lea! Fun, yummy, happy cards...my faves!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yummy cards! Thank God they're all calorie-free! SO gorgeous, all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Lea... these are fabulous! Such bright, happy colours - they're pure fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome group of super-fun cards ... love that indulge rub-on ... so much healthier to indulge in paper goodies than the real deal ... and each one you made is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are always so fun and bright. I am glad you found some time to create just for you.
    Can't wait to see some photos and I am happy you are enjoying your class!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummo cards Lea - they all look so sweet and pretty and I adore your bright fun happy colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all of these Lea! :)

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really rock the Doodlebug stuff, Lea. Your cards are so gorgeous, fun and bright. Great job! I always love seeing your cards in the magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh! wouldja ♥LOOK♥ at those divine doodlebug cards?! each more adorable than the last! of course i'm bound to say the CAARDVARKS one is my very favorite, right?! ;) (but seriously...hot fudge sundae!!! ♥♥♥)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, such fantastic cards! You really rocked the challenges, and the paper is awesome! Thanks for playing at CP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, these are ALL so bright, cherry and fun! Just like Doodlebug! I've always been a Doodlebug fan and you make their products shine!!! Glad you made it down that mountain! tee hee ;o) Have a wonderful week at school! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Caardvarks card is so cute. Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just adorable cards Lea! Love the colors on these. They just make me smile.

    So glad you could play along with us on CP.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my, i love the candy jar one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your cards and your style, very cheerful and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Leah, these cards are so bright and cheery and just looking at them puts a smile on my face! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So Super sweet!! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These cards are AMAZING - LOVE them all. Thanks for playing at Caardvarks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love each of these Lea, glad to see you posting. Can't wait to see your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know where to start here - they are all TOTALLY AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy cards! I need some dessert now! Love that Doodlebug product! woooza!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these happy and bright creations. Puts a smile on the dial.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  25. One of my followers sent me a link to your blog, and I am so glad she did, I just love your work. I clicked to follow...
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥