Home Sweet Home

July 21, 2012

Happy Saturday, everyone!!  Before I head out to the wedding I have to shoot today, I have a card to share with you!!  My friend Nina needed another card to share on her blog for today's The Craft's Meow Release Blog Hop, and I was happy to oblige!!  She has designed a new stamp set called "Love Dwells Here", which matches her Spellbinders "Home Sweet Home" dies.  I LOVE it when stamps match dies....it makes things so much easier!

I created a card that would be perfect for welcoming someone into the neighborhood, or when attending a housewarming party with a gift!  I chose soft colors for this card, but added a bit of shimmer & sparkle to it!  I love how it turned out....check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Cut pink paper slightly smaller, then diecut an eyelet lace border from the bottom of it.
3. Distress ink the edges of both pieces, then adhere to the front.
4. Cut a block of map paper, distress ink the edges and adhere to the middle.
5. Cut two strips of striped paper, punch a border to the thicker one, and distress ink the edges.
6. Adhere the punched border to the top of the map paper, and the thin strip to the bottom.
7. Tie ribbon around the top of the card, then zig-zag stitch along the seams of the striped papers.
8. Diecut the house bottom from fabric, and the top from oatmeal cardstock.
9. Stamp the house top and cover in glitter.  Adhere the two cuts to the middle of the card.
10. Diecut the heart and tag, then stamp as shown.  Adhere the heart to the middle of the house, and the tag to the bow middle.
11. Top the bow with a spool button and pink pearl.
12. Glitter two small flowers and paper leaves, and adhere to the corner of the house with a pearl centered flower.
13. Add three pink pearls to the bottom of the card to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Viva la Verve! July Week 4 - sketch
-The Play Date Cafe #141 - mint, soft yellow, coral, tulip
-Crazy 4 Challenges #146 - stitching
-Crafts and Me #93- ribbon & bow
-The Ribbon Reel #32- sweet sparkles
-Stampin' Sisters in Christ #148- sparkles

Well, I hope that you've enjoyed my card today!! Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!  I'm off to shoot a wedding!!  Have I said lately how much I love my job?!! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.







13 comments

  1. Beautiful card! Piękna kartka!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea! Oh my goodness! This is the most gorgeous card I've seen in a long time! I sat and studied it! Thanks for the "how-to's"! You make it sound easy...but that kind of creativity is a real gift. So glad you were willing to share it with us today at SSiC! Please come back again!!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love your glittered roof and sweet embellishments to this super sweet creation! Thanks for joining us at SSiC!! Have a blessed week~Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, are those colors and details gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my giddy aunt Lea - this is gorgeous! Nina's Dies and stamps are fabulous! I love all of the sparkle you have added, perfect for this image! Thank you for sharing with us today at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week! We appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Loe every detail of it.Yhanks for joining us at the ribbon real challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously amazing! i LOVE your color choices and the flowers (swoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very pretty, Lea. Love that sparkly roof!

    I'm glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so pretty, Lea! You never fail to inspire! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUCH a cute card, Lea! You are a TRUE friend and a WONDERFUL paper crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lea, I am now your newest follower! This card is just beautiful and looking through your site, all your cards are!! Thanks for including a list of the supplies you used, that is so helpful to newbies like me! Look forward to seeing more from you!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! Love this soft and pretty card with all the goodies...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, love the soft colors and all the elements you added. Best of luck with the challenges! I am a new follower.

    Melanie
    http://thepaperretreat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥