Paper Bakery "Holiday Charm" card kit

December 23, 2013

Holy cow...Christmas is two days away!!  {I still have to wrap Josh's presents...time to get down to business tonight!!!!}  I just wanted to share my cards using the Paper Bakery "Holiday Charm" card kit from November.  This is my first kit as a new designer, & you will see more in the future from me with these kits!!



My Christmas crafting is coming to an end, & here is what I have found to be some of my favorite trends this year:
1.  Most of my handmade items had a pop of gold somewhere- whether it be via sequins, ribbon, washi tape, rub-ons, etc.
2.  I used vellum to create dimension, add layers, & tame colors.
3.  I used wood veneer stars on almost EVERYTHING {which reminds me that I need to order some more}.
4.  A little bit of doily here & there (or the entire thing) graced many Christmas cards this time around.
What about you?  What did you find yourself adding to your handmade projects this year?  I would love to hear what your favorite trends were for the 2013 holidays!

{Oh look- another pop of gold, sequins, & a vellum pocket.  Funny.}

For these cards I have used papers that have a lot of text on them, which can sometimes be daunting.  But by adding a deep angle or a nice tilt to them, it tones them down & makes the papers more of a compliment to the card rather than taking it over.  I’ve also added rounded corners to each card to help soften the card designs since they do have these angles & tilts!  Check them out!

That is all for now...I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas time...surrounded by love & blessings.  

Until later,
~L.

2 comments

  1. Oh wow these are stunning and such modern Christmas creations.
    Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great Xmas cards, Lea!! Lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥