Fall is in the air!!!

September 24, 2008

I used to think that summer was my favorite season, but I believe that has changed. I love summer in the beginning, but about mid-July I find myself craving the fall. Fall in Montana is especially gorgeous. So many changing colors, crisp & cool air, warm afternoons, football, pumpkins...all of which lead into the bustling holiday season. I really just love this time of year.

My excitement for fall is taking over my creative time too! I made this cute little Halloween card for a sketch challenge on Christine's blog. She put together a cute little sketch that I just had to use! Be sure to check out the link, and play along if you like!

"To My Halloween Cutie" Card
Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Paper: Basic Grey "Mellow"
Vintage Image: Crafty Secrets
Photo Corners: Chatterbox
Ribbon: Crate Paper
Buttons: SEI
Rub-on letters: Creative Imaginations
Rhinestones: Glitz Designs & Westrim Crafts
Tag: Cricut Expression w/ "Tags, Bags, Boxes & More" cartridge
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Twine, Sandpaper, sewing machine

And this little card is one of my Provo Craft assignments for September. This pumpkin cut is from the Disney's "Happily Ever After" cartridge. It is one of my favorite pumpkin images from all Cricut cartridges.


"Give Thanks" Card
Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Paper: Basic Grey "Mellow"
Diecuts: Cricut Expression with "Opposites Attract" & "Happily Ever After" cartridges
Ink: Clearsnap
sewing machine

I even dusted off my sewing machine and added a little stitching to these cards. I haven't done that in ages it seems. But, it felt like they just needed that extra little crafty touch...and I was craving to use my machine. I wish I had a nicer machine that could do more, but that is okay. I will make do with what I have! I am blessed by just having a machine, and I need to make sure I use it more often. I bet you will see more stitching on my cards in the future!

Well, I hope that everyone is having a great week so far! I am getting geared up for another Friday of football, and a weekend in Sheridan! Josh has to work all weekend long, so I figured I would make a weekend out of it since I have to go by myself this week. So, Friday I will be driving on over to Sheridan, and cheering the Panthers on to victory. I am very excited for Saturday because I will be taking Tanner's (#55 on the football team) senior portraits. I have lots of great ideas for his photos and it will be fun to watch them transpire. Then Sunday I get to watch my dad preach, and will come home at some point.

I am sure I will get one more post in before the weekend, but if not...I hope that everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Until later,
~Lea


11 comments

  1. That image on the first card is just so adorable! LOVE the colors of both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea!! your creations are YUMMY yummy gorgeous!! :) I love the fall colors. I'm such a FALL freak! It's my FAVE season!!

    HEY I left you a tag on my blog when you get a free sec!! Go check it out! HUGS!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Lea girl---LOVE your sweet cards...they always make me smile.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful Lea, I love Fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fabulous Lea! I love love love them!! Have fun in Sheridan this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Gorgeous cards, Lea!! Especially love the sweet witch tag! Adorable!!!

    Enjoy your football weekend again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fall is TOTALLY my favorite season--LOVE those cards Lea!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lea, it's so awesome you are taking photos (senior portraits). you'll be amazing.

    your cards are fab!

    i love fall. my fave season. i officially had my first extra hot decaf mocha on the first day of fall. go me!

    have a great trip this weekend and enjoy the football.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous cards Lea. They're just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Lea! I just ADORE the card that you created using my sketch! So full of vintage goodness, and the stitching is fabulous on both cards! YUM!

    I hope you have a safe trip this weekend and that your photo shoot goes well! May your weekend be blessed, my friend! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. `Gorgeous` cards Lea:)~X~

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥