Panthers overcome, beat Charlo 12-6

September 15, 2008

Was it a pretty win? Nope- not by any means. We'll start with this photo where the team is down two starters to begin with. One is out for the season, and that is a big loss to the team. But, he is right there supporting them and being another set of eyes for the coaches. Even without him on the field, he is going to be an asset to this team this year.
The game starts out pretty normal. But these Charlo boys....are BIG. I underestimated their size while I was up in the stands before the game started. When I got down on the sideline and realized how big they actually were...I seriously began to wonder what was in the water.

I love this set of photos of Casey on a QB keep. If you don't click on all of them, be sure to click on photo number 3. I love that you can see where Casey is looking, and how aware he is of what is going on around him. It amazes me how much he has grown as an athlete from last season to this season. Proud of you little brother!



After that, Tanner snags this pass from Casey. Were looking pretty good at this point. (BTW- Tanner snags another catch like this later in the game that I didn't get. The Charlo field has maybe 12 lights TOTAL...so it was REALLY dark.)
But a few plays after this awesome snag...Casey gets hit and sprains his ankle, and is out for a large part of the rest of the game. For the next 2.5 quarters, it basically becomes a battle of defense.

I am going to give a shout out here to Levi Broksle. I would say the majority of the Charlo team outweighed him by at least 30 pounds, if not more. My dad let me know that Levi had 21 tackles.. He worked his butt off in this game. He also took the snaps as quarterback when Mike went out with some pain. He is the one hanging on to the jersey in this photo below, trying whatever he can to get this guy down. He played this game with a big heart and it showed. I often think that is much more important than your size.
Now I am going to talk about Tanner and what leadership he showed in this game. I don't know his exact stats for this game yet, but I will bet you that his solo tackles and assists are through the roof (just got the stats, he had 13 solos and 20 assists. CRAZY!). He was a major part in keeping Charlo scoreless until the 4th quarter. And truthfully...those six points for Charlo were a bad call. I promise I am not being the bitter fan. They were a yard away from scoring that touchdown, even the Charlo fans that were standing right there said he wasn't in. My dad asked. :) Such is small town high school football....you don't get challenges or official reviews. ;)

Anyways- I have never claimed to be a pro when it comes to sports photos. I just shoot where I think the action is going. Well- there aren't many shots that I took without Tanner in them at this game. He was all over, completely in their face. Which we needed. I know he had to be exhausted, hurting, thirsty....but he stayed in and made a HUGE difference in the outcome of this game. WTG Tanner- you are amazing kid.





Late in the third quarter, basically the 4th quarter...Casey got back in the game as QB. He had been pacing the sidelines (with a limp), working on his ankle. I only got this one shot of him that turned out during the rest of the game, due to the darkness. I can't imagine how much it hurt to play on the ankle, but the team needed him. And that is what Casey does. He plays through adversity. I watched him do it last year, so I knew he would end up back out on that field.
The coaches made some adjustments in this quarter, and used Tanner to gain the yards they needed to get across the field. He snagged another awesome pass from Casey, and then punched the ball in on a 2-yard run for the first touchdown of the game. After that Charlo tied the game up with their 79 yard touchdown. (You know...home field advantage.) The Panthers drove the ball down the field again, and Casey scored the winning touchdown on a keep. The 2 point conversion failed by inches, and the Panther defense shut down Charlo in the last minutes of the game to win it.

And once again, they get to sing their song of victory. Of course, the naysayers are already talking. But I say...let them talk. In the end, a win is a win. In the end it doesn't matter if you won by a point, or by 70 of them. We don't know right now who will be the 4 teams in the western playoffs, nor do we know which two teams will be playing on that last Saturday of the entire season. I can bet you that last year no one "important" thought Sheridan would be one of them. Be proud of your win, Panthers. It is one win closer to that final game of the season. Charlo was fired up, BIG, and didn't want to lose again. So please...be PROUD of your win! And start getting ready to beat some Warrior tail this Friday!

Until later,
~Lea

16 comments

  1. omigoodness, Lea, your pictures are fantastic!

    go Panters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers! your photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pics! Do all teams in Montana wear purple??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome photos and story!
    go panthers!!
    go casey!!!
    what a great sister you are lea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are amazing girl!! LOVE the action shots and the cool frames!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great game! I've said it before, but Casey is so lucky to have you. What a wonderful gift all of this documentation will be for him!!! That first photo is absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! gorgeous photos! i wish i had an awesome photographer to take pictures at my sports! awesome game too

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Lea, your photos are amazing and the mountains in the background make me want to come visit. WTG, Casey and you're such an awesome sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, your photos, quarter-by-quarter, all of it....AMAZING Lea! I felt like I was right there, you so have oh so many GIFTS my friend! HUGE CONGRATS to Casey and the Panthers!!! It is so exciting and there's truly nothing like it, I can so relate! You are an absolutely AMAZING sister Lea, what a blessing he has in you! Can't wait to hear about the game this week. On the road or at home? Can't wait! GO PANTHERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again you out did yourself. The boys as a whole didn't give you to much to write home about but you bring it home anyway and bring it big. What a great job on the photos and especially the story. I love watching Casey on the field and I love having you with me on the sidelines. I think the boys are going to be fired up for Arlee. See ya Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved that first team photo! Have they hired you for the yearbook, or do you at least offer these photos for sale to the players? You really should. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pics rock, Lea!!! The first is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe of your sports photos, Lea. I'm going to keep practicing so maybe some day I'll become as good as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. idk what you were talking about when you said that the majority of the charlo team outweighed levi by 30 lbs. there's really only 3 guys that outweighed him. 4, maybe 5 guys on the starting roster weighed close or less then levi does. figure the roster out before you go out and say something like that just to make sheridan look better then they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rocky- my PERSONAL blog isn't a newspaper. I write as I see fit, with my own thoughts and opinions interjected in it. I could just delete your comment if I wanted, but I won't.

    If you are a Charlo football team member- I obviously meant no harm. I am also even more obviously a Panther fan, and what I write is going to skew in favor of them. It would be different if I were writing for an actual publication, but I am not. Once again...this is my personal blog. Good luck in your game against Twin Bridges this Friday night. If you win- you make it into the playoffs. But most of all...just have a great night playing football.

    Sincerely,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea,

    I would like to apologize for my comments i posted earlier. I hope you accept this apology. What i said about making Sheridan look better then they really are came out wrong. Sheridan is a great football team and they have been for a long time. They have great athletes and they deserve every bit of success that they accomplish. Your brother is a fine football player. I know your cousin Alan Lee, he is a good friend of mine. You do take good pictures by the way. I wish Sheridan the best of luck against Belt tonight and if they make playoffs, goodluck.

    Sincerely,
    Rocky

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥