CPS 94 and a new song that I love!

December 12, 2008

Hi all!! Happy Friday to you...hope your week has been great!! I have one lone project to share with you today...my card for this week's CPS sketch. I have been taking a needed break from crafting the past couple of weeks, so that is why I haven't been posting as much. It has been nice to come home and read, or watch a movie, or just do nothing. I have also gotten most of my Christmas shopping done- just a little bit left. So- I am still here, still kicking...just taking some time for other things I love. :)

Here is my card for this week's sketch at the CPS blog. We are doing Christmas or Birthday themed cards all month long, and there are lots of fabulous cards on the blog! Be sure to check them out!
"Spread Joy" Card
Supply List:Paper/Diecuts/Chipboard: My Mind's Eye
Ribbon: KI Memories
Rhinestones: Glitz Designs (blue) & Westrim Crafts (pink)
Rub-ons: Doodlebug Designs
Scalloped Scissors: Provo Craft
Corner Rounder: Marvy Uchida
So- got any great plans for the weekend? I have a pretty busy weekend it seems. Tonight we head to Drummond, Montana for Casey's first basketball tourney of the season. Their game is at 6pm, and then we will head to the local bar/restaurant in Drummond to watch the rest of the Griz game. Their semifinal play-off game against James Madison starts at 6pm as well...so we will miss a chunk of it. I bet it is going to be pretty darn busy in Drummond...because one of our star Griz players is from the tiny town. His name is Chase Reynolds, and he is our sophomore running back. And he is an amazing football player. It is fun to watch him play, and think about the fact that he comes from the same Montana Class C football program that Casey plays in now. Pretty exciting to think that maybe one day...it will be Casey out on that field in a receiver position. Here is hoping!
Then on Saturday it is back to Drummond for Casey's other game at 2pm. Then church at 6pm. I am going to go to the movie Twilight with a gal from work on either Saturday or Sunday night...so that will be fun! Like I said in my last post...I am a bit late to this Twilight frenzy. I am on book #4 now (fast reader...always have been), and am loving it. It's a very easy read. I know that the two main actors in the movie have been thrust into the spotlight and are constantly followed by screaming fans. Do you ever wonder how that feels? It must be hard. They both seemed a little frazzled by it all in the Today Show interview that I saw with Meredith Viera. I am definitely interested to see what all the frenzy is about when it comes to the two of them...I am thinking they must have a pretty amazing on-screen chemistry.
I picked up the soundtrack for Twilight because I had heard that it was really good. I have been listening to it all week long, and it is pretty good. There are a few songs that I have to skip because they get on my nerves. But there is one song that I could listen to over and over. When I finally looked at the back of the CD to see who sings it...lo and behold it is Robert Pattinson. So he can act and sing...pretty talented kid. Here is a youtube video of it...you might want to google the lyrics because they aren't super easy to understand. Hope you like it...but if not, that is okay too. Everyone has different taste in music!





Until later,
~Lea

8 comments

  1. I couldn't agree more- the song is amazing... so is the Blue Foundation song...good luch trying to find any of their music though...scarce I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lea, love it!!
    Have a great, albeit busy, weekend!!
    (((holiday hugs)))
    ~Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card....how fresh and colorful :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be on the same wavelength.. I too haven't been doing much crafting. Instead I decided to read... Twilight. Which then turned into me reading all 4 books in a week and a half, lol. Have fun at the movie, love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made a card all week...I have been working on Tim's tags and the December Daily album. I just want to sit around and watch TV.
    I love your card. I bought that paper on our visit to Arizona and I think it's so cute that I don't want to cut into it. I will have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card! So so cute Lea! Hope you are doing well and staying warm up there! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥