WPlus9 September 2011- Class Act

September 14, 2011

Hey there, everyone!!  I hope that you have had a wonderful day so far!!  Today marks three days of WPlus9 inspiration on my blog, using the newly released stamp sets in September!  Considering most kids just went back to school in my area, it seemed fitting that I would start off with the school themed set called "Class Act"...which I just LOVE!!  I wrote a little bit about why I love this stamp set for post on the WPlus9 blog today, so CLICK HERE if you would like to read it!

My card fits some current challenges as well!  It fits the "Back to School" theme for Ribbon Reel Challenge #10, Cupcake Craft Challenge #159, Our Craft Lounge #82, If The Shoe Fits #90 and Delightful Inspirations Saturday's challenge.  It also fits a twine/string challenge for Little Red Wagon #98, and Belli Challenge #126.  Here is what I created!
"A+ Well Done" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (aqua) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: October Afternoon (Cherry Hill: new apron, cookie jar and 5&Dime: wax bottles)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Class Act set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Felt Apple: Maya Road
Twine: May Arts
Buttons: Fancy Pants
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Spiral Notebook Die: Papertrey Ink
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from aqua cardstock.  Add a strip of star patterned paper to the right side of a striped paper block.  Sand the edges of them, and adhere the block to the card front.  Fold down the upper right corner of the striped paper to reveal the star paper.  Tie a double bow from twine to a green button, and adhere to the folded corner.  Cut a block of apple paper, then wrinkle and sand the edges.  Adhere to the front, and then fold the lower left corner.  Adhere a twine threaded button to the folded edge.  Diecut the spiral notebook from vintage cream cardstock, and stamp the header and numbered lines to it.  Adhere to the card front, then add the felt apple to it.  Stamp the sentiment to a vintage cream strip, and cut a banner end to it.  Adhere the sentiment banner to the apple, then accent below it with jewels to finish.

I hope that you have enjoyed my first WPlus9 card for September!  Come back tomorrow for more, and have a wonderful rest of your day today!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

20 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the mix of papers and the sweet little handstitched felt apple! Pure Gorgeousness!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet, Lea! LOVE those girly color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Lea! I love that cute little felt apple and the gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! So mmuch beautiful layering and so much detail. so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome back to school card! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowza! Love the red with that bright pop of turquoise! Your card is just beautiful. You are so inspiring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, I love your colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to teach before I had my kids. This would make my day if I received this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesomeness per usual! You are really inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card.Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute! Thanks for playing along at Our Craft Lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get OUT!!! This is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!! So glad you joined us for the OCL Photo Inspiration Challenge...because that is how I found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Love the bright colors and the many layers! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous Lea, love the fab felt embellie.

    Thanks for joining the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Your card was named the FF#90 Shoe of the Week at If the Shoe fits...Scrap it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card and such lovely bright vibrant colours! Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really liking the sweet felted accent on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, I love the papers you've used and that super sweet felt apple is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This felted apple is so sweet! Beautiful colors!
    Congratulations, bligu

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥