"Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum": Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week

September 12, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  Well, I have to admit- I completely goofed up my dates for the Lawn Fawn inspiration week.  I had the due dates as the actual post dates, so my card for Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum is completely late.  I feel a bit silly, but hey- I have never claimed to be perfect.  So, I whipped a card up as quickly as I could today, and now have one to share with you for this new Lawn Fawn set!

I channeled my clean and simple side for this one, and love how it turned out.  I created this for the Lawnscaping challenge #17 (to use embossing on your project).  Now- I am wishing that I had a woodgrain embossing plate, and I would have embossed the background.  I might do this card over once I have one in possession.  If I do...I will share it again!  Anyways- here is what I created!
  "Have a Very Beary Christmas" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft) 
Paper: GCD Studios (Joyful Peace: Peppermint) & October Afternoon (Weathervane: Chilly Mornings)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum & Hats Off to You sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: creamy brown, Pigment: chestnut, dune) & Tsukineko (Versamark)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous! (detail white)
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Fancy Pants
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Puff Balls: Darice Inc.
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Plantin Schoolbook

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock.  Round the bottom corners, and ink the edges with creamy brown chalk ink.  Stamp and heat emboss the teddy bear & santa hat to patterned paper, then cut out the pieces.  Stamp the bear to vintage cream cardstock, and cut out the middle part.  Layer all cut pieces together, and then accent the santa hat with white puff balls.  Tie twine around the bottom of the card, and adhere the teddy bear to the left side of the knot.  Cut the tag at 3" from striped paper using the Cricut Expression & Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  Ink the edges of a slightly smaller vintage cream cardstock strip, and adhere to the middle of the tag, then stamp the sentiment to it.  Tie a double bow from the same twine, and tie a button around the middle.  Glue the bow to the tag, and then adhere the entire over the knot on the card.  Add three pearls to finish.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Lawn Fawn gals have come up with using "Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum", including our guest this month!! ♥♥♥

And as always, there will be lots of giveaways on the Lawn Fawn blog this week!!  Click on these links and follow the comment instructions for your chance!!

Until later,
~Lea L.

7 comments

  1. This is so super sweet - wonderful soft colors! Love your design and I love how you have the outlines of the images white - works so well with the Kraft. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Puff balls.....now getting ideas on how to use the puff balls on my own cards.
    Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK! This is so cute! I love your CAS layout here.... Loving the pom poms on the hat! So cute! Finishing it off with the button and twine was just the absolute perfect touch! I am so glad that you entered this into the embossing challenge at Lawnscaping! And what a perfect creation introducing us to one of Lawn Fawn's newest sets! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥