WPlus9 September 2011- A Pocketful

September 16, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  So, are you super happy that it is Friday?  I know that I am...looking forward to another quiet weekend full of college football and spending time with the hubby.  Also VERY excited for the concert we are going to with our missional community group on Sunday night...I think it is going to be an awesome time together!

Today is my third, and final day of sharing creations using the latest stamp releases from WPlus9.  Today I am showcasing "A Pocketful" & matching die for you, and I decided that shabby chic was the style to go with this time around!!  When I first saw the set, I was immediately drawn to the image of the sun, and knew I had to find a way to use it for my inspiration post.  I really love how it turned out!!

I created my card for a few challenges as well.  I used the My Mind's Eye card sketch challenge #27 to help with the design of my card, and utilized mostly My Mind's Eye product.  The cute little felt heart made it work for the City Crafter Challenge #74- "I {heart} you".  I diecut the felt heart and pocket, which makes it eligible for PaperPlay Challenge #37- punches & dies.  And there are two current "Anything Goes" challenges at Creative Inspirations #129, and Cute Card Thursday #182 that it fits.  Here is what I created!
"Sending You a Pocketful of Sunshine" supplies:
Cardstock/Felt: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found 2 "Sunshine" 6x6 paper pad)
Stamps/Pocket Die: WPlus9 (A Pocketful set, Pocket Die)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter, ochre)
Distress Ink/Blending Tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Pin: Maya Road
Twine: May Arts
Flowers: Recollections
Alphabet Stickers: Making Memories
Button/Lace: craft supply
Heart Die: My Favorite Things
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sewing Machine: Brother
Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock, and distress ink the edges.  Cut striped paper slightly smaller, and distress ink the edges.  Zig zag stitch along the edge of the block, and then adhere to the card front.  Cut three strips of patterned paper, and distress ink the edges.  Zig zag stitch along the edge of each strip, then adhere right next to each other on the right side of the card.  Cut the frame from patterned paper, and adhere to the left side of the card.  Adhere a strip of lace across the bottom of the card.  Stamp the sunshine above the hand cut frame.  Diecut the pocket from vintage cream cardstock, and distress ink the edges.  Stamp the pocket outline to it, then adhere directly below the stamped sunshine.  Cut two banners from patterned paper, and stamp the first part of the sentiment to the light blue one.  Wrap the stamped banner around a clear topped pin, and adhere to the left side of the pocket.  Tuck the polka dotted banner underneath the stamped banner at a slight angle.  Tie a double bow from twine, thread a button around the center, and adhere below the banners.  Accent with a felt heart, and then add two paper flowers.  Finish the sentiment with gold letter stickers.

I hope you have enjoyed my creations for the September release of new stamps!!  I am sure you will see all of these stamps on some cards in the near future...they are just fabulous!!  Join us again on the 20th for "All Eyes On" a past WPlus9 stamp set!!  Have a great rest of your day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

18 comments

  1. Wow this is STUNNING !!!!
    I love your DP choices and the glittery "sunshine" x
    Fabulous x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lea, this is stunning! I absolutely love the tiny little details - so many without feeling cluttered is a real feat!
    thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card has so much that I love! The lace, flowers, the soft colors, oh I could go on! Truly beautiful Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So pretty Lea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super, rewelacja bardzo mi się podoba, kolorki i szczególiki pięknie dobrane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! Amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! Love the yellows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card and thanks for joining us this week at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous creation ... totally gorgeous ... Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and cheery Lea! I love the colors!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing card. Your design is wonderful.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty with lots of lovely details, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a PERFECTLY PRETTY card! LOVE it soooo much! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to get over here, Lea! I was missing out! LOVE what you've done with that little sunshine! Your card is full of such in itself! Plus, the way you spelled out sunshine in those glitter alphas is completely FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥