WPlus9 April 2012 Release: Group Post

April 4, 2012

Hey there, everyone!!  Welcome to the group post, which is the last night of our WPlus9 release week!  This means that everything is now for sale in the WPlus9 store, and a final project from all of the design team in one post on Dawn's blog!!  I LOVE seeing everyone's projects together in one post...I think I say that every single release, but it is just true!  We all have such different styles, and it is just so fun to see what everyone comes up with!

I decided to create an Easter card using the brand new Super Star stamp set, while mixing and matching older sets to create a custom Easter sentiment.  I wanted the card to be more faith based, and the starburst in Super Star made for the perfect rising sun.  The resurrection of Jesus is what we celebrate this time of year, and I wanted to create a card with this in mind. 

My new plates were also delivered, and I was able to use the Chevron impression plate...and let me just say, I am super impressed with it!  I have had metal impression plates from other companies and gotten rid of them because they worked horribly, and warped.  The WPlus9 impression plate is sturdy and hard....and it embossed beautifully.  I am SO excited that Dawn has introduced them, and I can't wait to see what other plates she comes up with!  Without further ado, here is what I created!
  "Sending You Easter Blessings" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream, kraft) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Stephanie Bernard dye: banana, chocolate) 
Lace Trim/Twine: May Arts
Button: American Crafts
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Diecut/Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Dies: WPlus9 (Banner Trio)
Impression Plate: WPlus9 (Chevron)

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock, then round the bottom corners.  Emboss a kraft cardstock block with the chevron impression plate, round the bottom corners and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Stamp the sunburst right above the kraft cardstock block.  Wrap crocheted trim around the top of the kraft block, then tie twine around that into a double bow.  Thread a button around the middle of the bow using matching twine.  Diecut the banner from vintage cream cardstock, stamp the sentiment to it and adhere below the trim.  Accent with brown jewels to finish. 

Card Challenges Used:
-The Pink Elephant #142- clean & simple
-The Kraft Journal #65- spring or Easter
-Fab N Funky #115- embossing
-Simon Says Stamp challenge- favorite tool (corner rounder)
-Paper Sundaes #114- Easter
-One Stop Craft challenge #176- Easter
-Raise the Bar #98- religious Easter

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the WPlus9 team has come up with for group post night!  And be sure to head over to the WPlus9 and pick up your must haves!!
 
I hope you have an awesome rest of your night!! ♥♥♥ 
 
Until later,
~Lea L.

18 comments

  1. Yep, this is gorgeous! Love your button-sun! Very pretty card!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! LOVE the chevron embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! LOVE the chevron embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this is simply gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Я от ваших работ в полном восторге, такая красота! У вас настоящий талант создавать прекрасное! С удовольствием гуляю по Вашему блогу, очень нравится)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sunburst...I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant Easter card. Thanks for joining in our “embossing” challenge at Fab’n’Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love the chevrons embossed on the Kraft CS...so cool! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your work is amazing, Lea! love your use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Seriously, Lea this is amazing. I love everything about it, but especially the way you put the sun in the background. Gorgeous! New follower in me!

    Thanks for joining us in our Easter/Religious challenge this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisabee PSDT
    My Crafting Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being KJB top #3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I SOOO like that chevron embossing die - also the sun placement, as if it's rising or setting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorite cards ever Lea! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥