Grow Old With Me...

June 28, 2012

Hey there, again!!  So much for sporadic, huh?  Tee hee!  I remembered that I actually had a card to create for StopAndScrap.com today, and since I played with some challenges for it...I figured I would get it posted right away!  I just posted a new card last night as well, so be sure to scroll down and check that one out if you haven't already.

Right now there is a lot on sale at StopAndScrap.com, considering Summer CHA is right around the corner.  Definitely have to make room for all of the new product!  So, I checked out what was remaining of the Glitz Design product, pulled it out of my stash with some Prima flowers....and went to town!!  Here is what I created!
 Instructions:
1. Make an A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut paper layer slightly smaller, then adhere to the front.
3. Distress ink a doily, then adhere to the right side of the card.  Tuck the overlapping part behind the card.
4. Wrap ribbon and crocheted trim around the bottom, and add a matching bow to the left side.
5. Adhere two epoxy stickers to striped paper, cut a banner edge on each one, and adhere underneath the bow.
6. Accent the bow & epoxy stickers with two jewels.
7. Punch an apron lace border to striped paper, then distress ink.
8. Fold the striped paper into an accordion flower, then adhere a rolled fabric flower to the top of it.
9. Adhere the layered flower with two paper flowers to the top of the card to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Sketchbook Saturday #65- card sketch
-Stampin' Sisters in Christ #145- banners/pennants
-Sugar Creek Hollow #17- circles
-Party Time Tuesday #74- anything goes

There is a ton of stuff on sale at StopAndScrap.com right now, so go check it out and see what you can't live without!  Be sure to check out all the latest pre-orders as well, so you can add a bit of new as well!!

I hope you have an awesome Thursday!

Until later,
~Lea L.



7 comments

  1. Gorgeous colours and textures, I'm in mint heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lea! I have to say I am totally jealous...I LOVE your new blog design. I would have chose this for myself. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, this is stunning!!!!!! Just utterly stunning!

    thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love that saying, and I love that you emphasized it by placing the glass bubbles next to it. Beautiful ribbon treatment,too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the gorgeous flower detail. A beautiful card...really beautiful. Thanks for joining Stampin' Sisters in Christ for our challenge this week. We appreciate your participation....AND inspiration! Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lea - it is great to see you here! Your card is perfect for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to have you join us! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lea. Love the pretty embellishment. Sush a perfect an elegant design.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥