May I Have this Dance...

June 27, 2012

Hey there, everyone!!  Man alive- I apologize for dropping off the face of the planet in terms of my blog!  There is nothing crazy going on, other than I am crazy busy right now!  Lots of weddings, one of which was my best friend's this past weekend.  I was the Matron of Honor AND the photographer.... so you see what has been taking up my time!!  Tee hee!  I have a few weeks off from weddings (other than editing), but I have also have a bunch of stuff to get done for CHA.  So- I might still be posting pretty sporadically for a bit.

While all the craziness was going on, my first project for Prima went up on their blog!  I created a card for their wedding theme in June using a lovely mix of Prima product, and Flourishes stamps.  I love how warm and romantic this card turned out!  Here is what I created-
Instructions:
1. Make an A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut floral paper slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.
3. Cut the top of a small floral paper block with pinking shears, sand the edges and adhere to the top.
4. Punch a lace border to a dotted paper strip, sand the edges and adhere to the middle.
5. Stamp the bottom sentiment directly to the patterned paper.
6. Wrap seam binding and floral trim directly above the punched border.
7. Adhere the chipboard to the middle of the card.
8. Accent the lower right corner with a seam binding bow, and three fabric flowers.
9. Adhere two paper flowers to the upper left corner. 
10. Adhere the resin accents to the card front. 
11. Cut banner edges to a patterned paper strip, stamp the sentiment to it and then adhere to the circle resin accent.
12. Accent the resin and two small fabric flowers with pearls to finish.

Card Challenges Used:
-Viva la Verve! June 2012 #2- sketch
-Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #175- Favorite stamps, dies & embellishments
-Crafty Creations #176- 3+ different embellishments
-Sweet Stampin challenge- ribbons and bows

I really love this card that I created, and I am so excited to be part of the Prima design team!!  It is one of those "dream jobs" for me...so I am still quite giddy over it all!  I hope that you enjoyed my card tonight, and hopefully I will be back soon! 

Until later,
~Lea L.

Supplies:

18 comments

  1. This card is absolutely AMAZING. It literally took my breath away just from the tiny thumbnail on the challenge blog! OH MY WORD. It's perfect. And I can't think of anything else to say...STUNNING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! The layout & embellishments are perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To craft, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning Lea! Thanks for playing along with us over at Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Absolutely gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, this card is STUNNING in every way. I just love your style, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the flowers. Glad you joined usnat Sweet Stampin' this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is drop dead gorgeous!!! Congrats on being on the Prima DT.
    Kim
    I'm such a fan of your cards that I see in Cards Magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! It's just perfectly balanced and so beautiful. I just love the framing of your sentiment.

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Love Mickaela

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love every single thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! Love everything you've used, it's all so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning and stylish card this is. I love the vintage look and the warm tones in your paper. Gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lea, I have always been a super fan of yours and this card is why :) Your cards are over and above Amazing!! I love, love your style and you have the eye for Shabby Chic (my favorite style) :)

    Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy smokes Lea...this is just gorgeous!!!! I totally love all the goodies you've added to this card! Thanks for sharing and for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously Lea, this has to be one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen! You are super talented and I enjoy your work very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! Eye popping stunning!!! LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥