WPlus9 December 2012 Group Post

December 6, 2012

Hey there, everyone!  Please pardon the tardiness of this post.   I was down for the count yesterday...I haven't felt that sick in a really LONG time.  I was nauseated, felt sick to my stomach all day...but probably the worst part was the never ending headache.  No amount of Advil would get rid of it, and my head just hurt all day long.  So- I slept most of the day, because I couldn't even imagine looking at a computer screen...let alone typing.  So- I am a day late with my group post, but hopefully you will still enjoy seeing it!

So, what did you think of this month's release from WPlus9?  I just LOVE all the amazing stamp sets & dies that Dawn created this time around...but that is always how I feel with each release, so maybe that isn't say much.  Ha!  I went all happy and fun in my color combo for this card!  Here is what I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut doily paper slightly smaller and adhere.
3. Cut a doily in half, glitter both sides and adhere.
4. Add a strip of chevron paper across the top of the glittered doilies, and then add a strip of ribbon.
5. Cut a banner edge to a white cardstock strip, then stamp the sentiment & hearts to it.
6. Adhere the banner strip to the card, accent with jewels and add a piece of washi tape to the top.
7. Diecut the hearts from patterned paper & cardstock.
8. Stamp & glitter the middle sized heart, then adhere all of them to the left of the sentiment banner.
9. Stamp the banners to white cardstock, then cut out.
10. Adhere to the left side of the chevron paper, then wrap twine around the seam.  Top with a twine bow.

Challenges:
-Mojo Monday #270 - Sketch
-Totally Gorjuss #160 - Glitter
-The Pink Elephant #177 - Girly
-Loves Rubberstamps #29 - Anything Goes
-Word Art Wednesday #57 - Anything Goes/Giving










Don't forget to check out what the rest of the WPlus9 crew created....it is sure to be a treat!!
Have a great rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

15 comments

  1. Lea this is gorgeous the layout and design are so beautiful as are the colours. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing, I love it!Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's absolutely scrumptious, Lea! You rock pink, girl, and all the shimmer and shine is delish! So glad you're feeling a little better! Those headaches get me down for the count, too. Try Aleve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card, Lea! I love the washi tape, the doiies and the little tags tied with baker's twine. Darling!
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and I appreciate it more than you could know. I hope you come back soon!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! The colors are awesome and I really love the layout and the doily accents. Glad your feeling better! I was sick 3 days this last week with a nasty bug myself! Lots of stuff going aroud! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really fabulous card, love the colors and all the details on your card! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sweet. I love the bright colours and the sparkly doily. Love the design with the hearts and string. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Love the glittered doilies! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sentiment on the card are just the right words what I want to say about this card. Love it. Love the bright colors. And the sparkly doilies on the bottom. Just WOW.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Have a blessed day.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The way you described your card is how I would too: happy and fun. :) I am so sorry you've been feeling lousy. I too have had those sicknesses where headaches just won't quit. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doily love. Cute papers and card. Thanks for sharing at LRS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! question...how do you make your photographs appear so large on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You mix patterns SO well! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the texture and the mix of patterns. So Great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...this card is just awesome. Love all the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥