You are my True North

September 11, 2013

Happy Wednesday, blog friends!!  How was your day yesterday?  We went and had burgers, fries & beers {well, I had hand crafted rootbeer because I don't like beer} at JL Beers, then caught up on Master Chef on Hulu.  We have been trying to spend time together as much as possible, because I go back to Montana on Monday for two weeks.

I have another card to share with you today using some new WPlus9 product from the August/September release!  Today I am using Dockside, Dockside Backgrounds, & Clear Cut Stackers: Circles.  I've combined them with the Uncharted Waters collection from Glitz Design, and it was a perfect match!  Here is the card I created!

Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut blue paper slightly smaller, stamp the X border to the left side, then adhere.
3. Stamp the sentiment to a tan ombre paper strip, then cut a banner edge to it.
4. Adhere with three other banners to the front.
5. Diecut two circles, & stamp the compass to the smaller one.
6. Adhere the circles to the front, popping the stamped one with foam adhesive.
7. Accent with the white flair, glittered stars & enamel dots.
8. Add the "remember this" paper strip with a paper clip to the upper right corner to finish.

Nautical themed items are such a big trend right now, and this stamp set goes perfectly with all the paper & embellishments out there right now!  Love it!

I looked around on some of my favorite challenge blogs looking for some inspiration...and I found it in the form of the Sweet Sunday Sketch #191 this time around!  I added some things here & there, but the sketch was a great jumping off point!  I was also inspired by the Fusion #17 challenge, Moxie Fab "All That Glitters is Gold" challenge, & The Pink Elephant #216 "Nautical" challenge as well!

I will be back tomorrow for my last day of WPlus9 inspiration for you!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (kraft) Patterned Paper: Glitz Design (Uncharted Waters 6x6)  |  Stamps/Dies: WPlus9 (Dockside, Dockside Backgrounds, Clear Cut Stackers: Circles)  |  Ink: Clearsnap (chocolate)  |  Other: Studio Calico (flair button, glittered stars)  |  My Mind's Eye (enamel dots)  |  Fancy Pants (paper clip)  |  Teresa Collins Designs (border strips)

13 comments

  1. Such a pretty card! Loving the sparkle and love that paper you used for the base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, love the gold accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the gold Lea! This is so Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little details of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards make me drool. got to go get a tissue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous background on your card and the wonderful assembly of elements. Fabulous Lea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That paper is perfect for this nautical card and I love each one of those sweet embellishments!!! Just beautiful! So glad you could join us at Fusion with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Nautical card! Love all the fun detail! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥