Scraptastic Kit - {Miss You Stamping}

April 17, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!!  Long time no post....I know, I know.  My trip to Montana was wonderful, but I was definitely ready to be home!!  Since then I've just been trying to get back into the swing of things. 

Awhile back I was asked to be part of the Scraptastic Kit Club design team, and this is my first month using the kits!  I am up on the blog today with fellow designer Roree, and we have issued a new challenge - create a Miss You card with one of the April stamp sets from Worth Wondering, Let Me Go, or This Life Noted.

I found inspiration for my first card from Sketch Saturday #305.  I loved the circle in it, and decided I wanted to use it with negative space.  I used a pink, mint & gold color combo....which has been one of my latest faves!!  I used the Worth Wondering Kit and Add-on on both of my cards today.  Check it out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from light brown cardstock.
2. Cut three blocks of patterned paper, each one slightly smaller than the one before.
3. Diecut a circle from the top of the smaller block.
4. Stamp the world to the top of the middle block so it will peek through the diecut circle.
5. Layer all three paper blocks to the card front, popping the third one up with foam adhesive.
6. Add the diecut tags & tabs to the top & bottom of the circle.
7. Add the letter stickers to a chipboard speech bubble, then adhere to the right side of the circle.
8. Add the wood veneer "together" to the bottom of the card.
9. Accent the speech bubble with a fabric bow, then add enamel stickers to the card to finish.

For my next card I used the Viva la Verve April week 2 sketch, but just flipped the rotation of it!  I cut the flowers & leaves from one of the My Mind's Eye patterned papers in the kit, and I love how pretty they are!  They are easy to layer and add dimension to your card.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from mint green cardstock.
2. Cut heart paper slightly smaller & adhere.
3. Cut three flowers & two leaves from patterned paper.
4. Layer the flowers, leaves & cork banner to the front of the card.
5. Tuck the flair into the middle of the flowers.
6. Stamp the sentiment to a striped paper strip, then cut a banner edge to it.
7. Tuck the two banners under the left side of the flowers, then add the "forever" arrow to it.
8. Add the diecuts to the upper left corner, then accent with a fabric bow.
9. Accent the card with enamel stickers to finish!

I hope that you'll join in with us for the challenge this week, and be sure to head on over & check out the blog post, because Roree's card is amazing!!

That is all I have for you today!!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Thursday!

Until later,
~L.

7 comments

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥