MME - {Here is Happy}

April 29, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!!  How are you doing these days?  I've been....busy.  And gone.  My husband had to work in Rapid City last Tuesday, and we stayed a few extra days as a little mini vacation away together.  We saw Mount Rushmore & Crazy Horse, walked through Deadwood (which was really dead because it is the off season.  Lol!), and found an amazing winery called Prairie Berry in Hill City, SD.  We also had a great time at the small waterpark that was attached to our hotel, and enjoyed a nice dinner with Josh's employees one night.  We ordered Papa John's pizza our last night there, and it was SO good.  Worth eating all the wheat flour...:)

Today I have some cards to share that were posted to the MME Blog last Friday.  When I saw these 4x6 journal cards from the Record It! "Here is Happy" collection, I fell in love with the sentiment of them!!  They are sweet & encouraging & really can stand alone....which is one of the things that makes them perfect for Project Life & scrapbooking.

As a card maker, I REALLY wanted to find a way to use them as well, but their size posed a bit of a challenge.  I didn't want to cover them up or cut them down much...so I decided to make the cards the main focal point of each card, and go with a really clean design.  Check them out!
 Supplies: My Mind's Eye Record It! "Here is Happy"- Cardstock and Overlay Journaling Cards, Enamel Dots. Other: May Arts ivory twine.

I trimmed each 4x6 card down so they would fit on a standard A2 sized card, then rounded the corners as needed. After adhering each journal card to the card fronts, I added some matching enamel dots as accents. This gave each card a little bit of added dimension & a pop of shine. I then tied double bows from ivory colored twine from my stash & attached them to each card front...and that is it!!  So easy & quick, but still looks fabulous!

These cards also fit the following challenges:
-Simon Says "Keep It Simple" Wednesday challenge
-Word Art Wednesday #129 - anything goes

I don't know about you, but I sometimes need the reminder that simplicity is a good thing...and these beautiful journal cards really helped me remember that!  Thanks for checking out my cards today!!

Until later,
~L.

3 comments

  1. Absolutely lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Abundant Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Lea, so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥