Smallish Things

June 19, 2014

Happy Thursday, blog friends! Holy cow...I can't believe its been almost a week since I last posted!!  My engagement session ended up being postponed until Tuesday due to all of the rain we've been getting here.  (It's crazy, BTW.  I've never lived anywhere with such dramatic weather.)  Tuesday was finally a nice day (and then it started pouring again yesterday) & I had a great time with my clients and my very first engagement session in Fargo!  The only bummer....I've counted 17 mosquito bites from that evening.  And two of them are on my hip...which was completely covered in clothing.  Fitted capris to be exact...I'm not even sure how that is possible.  I wonder how my clients fared?  Lol. :)

Since I haven't had a chance to post to my blog this week, I wanted to share two of the projects that I've made for this week. My first project is a card that was up on the Scraptastic Club blog this past Monday.  We used a baby quote from Pinterest as our inspiration, and I'm actually in dire need of adding baby cards to my stash.  (It seriously seems like everyone around me is having a kid!)  So, this was perfect timing for me! I've combined the Best Day of my Life kit & add-on from Scraptastic this month to create this sweet baby girl card.
 Instructions to recreate:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut a blue bow paper block & a striped paper strip.
3. Layer them together, and tuck an orange tab & heart transparency underneath the top of the striped paper.
4. Zig-zag stitch along each seam, then adhere the entire stitched paper block to the front.
5. Stamp the sentiment to the top of the striped paper in black ink.
6. Adhere the vellum banner through the sticker frame, & add the glitter letters spelling "baby".
7. Add the bow topped clothespin to the right side of the frame, then adhere the entire piece to the front.
8. Tuck the diecut "sweet" under the top of the frame accent, and the vellum "girl" arrow under the bottom.
9. Accent with a pink jewel & enamel dots to finish.



Card Challenges:
-Sketch Saturday #314 - sketch
-The Pink Elephant #255 - photo inspiration
-Simon Says Stamp & Show Monday challenge - anything goes

Up next is a digital layout I created for the Glitz Design blog this week (I highly suggest checking out this week's Focus on Digital post....the layouts using 77 are AMAZING!!!  Click on that link...I promise you will be inspired!).  Apparently I was on a baby kick this week....because this is a photo of my sweet "niece" Emmalyn.  She is the daughter of our closest friend's, but they consider me aunt Lea...which I love!! :)  This is a photo from the first time I met her...when she was about 10 days old.  I used the digital "77" collection, and a couple of random digital items from Studio Calico & Two Peas.
I just love the orange watercolor card with that sweet quote on it...it seemed just perfect for this photo of her sleeping so sweetly.  Isn't she the cutest?!  (You should see her now...she is SO big & full of personality.)


That is all I have for you today!  I hope that you enjoyed both of my baby themed projects....please let me know if you have any questions about them at all.  I also love to hear what you think about my projects...so leave me a comment if you have the time!

Until later,
~L.

6 comments

  1. Just the sweetest baby card! I love the sparkly alphas, the little clothespin bow with the gem, the quote and stitching and layers, just a great combination of elements and an adorable layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Lea. I adore the sweet bow you created.
    And thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I love seeing your work. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is beautiful and the layout so adorable!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabulous card. All the embellishments and details are gorgeous. The layout is so beautiful, too. Love the super sweet photo. Thank you you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥