ME & Me July Challenge

July 1, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!!  Today I have some exciting news to share...Mama Elephant has started a new challenge blog called ME & Me!  (How fun is THAT name, BTW?!)  What's the difference from the past challenges?  Well, they will be MONTHLY for one...which means more inspiration & more chances to win ME stamps!  And the challenge has a it's own blog, so no searching for challenges, etc.  Pretty cool, huh?

Here is our challenge for you this month:

I chose to use the three main colors from this magazine cover as my inspiration, along with the wedding theme, of course!  I also used The Challenge #10 sketch as inspiration for the design layout.  I paired my Mama Elephant "Water Blooms" stamp set with the My Mind's Eye Now & Then "Izzy" collection....and this is how it turned out!
Instructions to recreate:
1. Make A2 card from dotted patterned paper.
2. Cut triangle block and adhere to the front.
3. Add green trim over top of the seam.
4. Stamp the sentiment to the top of the card.
5. Cut a banner edge to floral paper, then adhere to the left with foam adhesive.
6. Cluster flowers to the top left corner & bottom right corner.
7. Add the "Best Day Ever" banner to the stamped sentiment with a brad.
8. Add enamel dots to the smaller flower cluster to finish.


**Just an FYI - all the flowers are from Prima Marketing, but I don't know the names of them.  Sorry I couldn't link them up for you!!**

Here are the rules for playing along with us in this month's challenge:
  • Your entry must use at least one Mama Elephant stamp
  • Your entry must be based on the challenge/nspiration source provided
  • Your entry must link back to this blog post along with the graphic image
  • Winner gets featured here and a stamp set of choice
  • Deadline is July 28th
  • Link up using the Inlinkz on the bottom of the July challenge post
  • Have fun, stamp, stamp, stamp!!!
Be sure to check out what the rest of the challenge team has created for this month's challenge!
Laurel Beard
That is all I have for you today...I hope that you enjoyed my colorful & fun wedding card!  Have a great first day of July!! 
Until later,
~L.

11 comments

  1. Oh wow this is just pure delight with wonderful ice colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! That stamping looks like it is actually patterned paper and I love all the pretty flowers you used!

    P.S. Did you ever pick a winner for that Glitz prize...my fingers are crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is incredible Lea and I love how you were inspired! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love all the fabulous floral elements you included. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love all the sweetness!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea this is absolutely amazing,I'm going back for another look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful choice of elements and stunning design, Lea! Your card is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Just love the soft colors, and the beautiful embellishments!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the flowers and layers of yummy embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥