Here Comes the Sun

July 3, 2014

Hey blog friends!!  How are you doing today?  I'm doing great....it is FINALLY starting to get sunshiney & warm here in Fargo.  We have had days here & there that have been really nice, but more than anything...we've had rain (like, LOTS of it), wind & then humidity.  I think we are finally supposed to be getting out of our rainy season, and into just a nice summer.  Here is hoping, my friends....here is hoping.  Lol.

Jocelyn & I are issuing the first Thursday challenge for July on the Scraptastic blog, and we decided to challenge you to create with natural elements!!  Jocelyn chose to use burlap, and I went with woodgrain...you can see both of our projects HERE, and also link up a project if you want to participate!

I am using the Summer Nights kit & add-on this month, and and I had to jump right in with the rainbow goodness that is such a big part of this kit!! (If you have frequented my blog over the years...you know I love a good rainbow themed project!!)  All of those colors are amazing, but they definitely need something to help ground them....which is where the deep brown woodgrain paper came in. It is the perfect neutral to compliment this smattering of bold colors on the rest of the card.
 Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from mint cardstock.
2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller, distress the edges & adhere.
3. Round the bottom corners of a 3x4 card, distress the edges & adhere to the middle.
4. Distress the edges of the stickers, and layer to the upper left corner of the card.
5. Add a piece of flair in the same area.
6. Adhere a sunburst wood veneer to the lower right corner of the card.
7. Distress the edges of the diecut strips & sticker, and adhere together with a heart brad.
8. Adhere the entire sentiment piece to the top of the wood veneer sunburst to finish.

Card Challenges:
-My Favorite Things sketch #183
-Little Red Wagon #244 - summer
-Word Art Wednesday #139 - anything goes



I hope that you will participate with us at the Scraptastic blog in our challenge to use natural elements!  You can use any product that you want to participate!  Have a happy Thursday!

Until later,
~L.

10 comments

  1. Our Word Art Wednesday team appreciate seeing the inspirational and wonderful cards you’ve posted with us. Thank you!
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love that wood grain paper and all the layers with the veneer sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cheerful Lea, so pleased you are starting to feel some Summer warmth, enjoy hun, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Lea! I love the bright colors in this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lea,
    This card is so much fun!
    I am a designer at Bij Oma Dee, a Dutch Craft shop. This month we released a new card kit: iDEE&post (Idea and Post), also with Simple Stories' paper pad Good Day Sunshine (-:
    May I use your card as an inspiration for our subscribers? I would like to pin it on our Pinterest board if you agree.
    Thank you in advance!
    Have a nice day,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith!

      Thanks so much for asking, and for your nice comment. But considering this card was made with for another kit that I currently design & promote, I would prefer you didn't. But feel free to pin it to your personal boards if you'd like. Thanks for asking!!

      Delete
  6. This is a perfect summery card! Love the embellis layered over the sun. Thanks so munch for sharing it at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome design! Congrats on being featured at Little Red Wagon!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Even though there are so many elements, they fit perfectly together ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A card with a great summer feel! I think of board walks and beaches when I look at this card....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥