ME & Me August Challenge

August 1, 2014

Happy 1st day of August, blog friends!  {Seriously...can you believe it is already August. My head just exploded.}  A new month also means a new ME & Me challenge, and as you can see...this month we are using watercolor & a birthday theme!

This is only my second attempt at using the watercoloring technique.  The first time I did it I used Tim Holtz distress inks & a spray bottle.  This time I actually used watercolors & a brush...and I am really happy with how it turned out!  Be easy on me though....I am not a painter, nor do I actually know anything about watercolor!  :)

I combined the watercoloring with the Mama Elephant "Make A Wish" stamp set, and just a couple of pretty accents.  I didn't want to take away from the two main elements of our challenge. Here is the card that I created!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut watercolor paper slightly smaller, then paint it.
3. Once dry, stamp the sentiment over top of the painted area.
4. Punch a half circle to the lower left side, then wrap gold thread strung with gold stars around it.
5. Adhere the painted piece to the card front.
6. Accent the upper left corner with a gold star, sequin & gold enamel dot to finish.



Card Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-The Card Concept #15 - color challenge
-SSS Work It Wednesday July 2014 - blue
-SSS Wednesday - anything goes

Here are the rules for playing along with us in this month's challenge:

  • Your entry must use at least one Mama Elephant stamp
  • Your entry must be based on the challenge/inspiration source provided
  • Your entry must link back to this blog post along with the graphic image
  • Winner gets featured and a stamp set of choice
  • Deadline is August
  • Link up using the Inlinkz on the bottom of the August challenge post
  • Have fun, stamp, stamp, stamp!!!
Be sure to check out what the rest of the challenge team has created for this month's challenge as well!

 Thanks so much for checking out my post today...I hope that you liked my card today!  Have an awesome start to your August!

Until later,
~L.

12 comments

  1. I love those hanging stars under the sky sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean, fresh and gorgeous, Lea! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and fresh, oh so pretty. I love your suspended stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft effect you achieved with the watercolor and the hanging stars are just...Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - love the soft wash of colour and the gold stars! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that golden goodness, your string of stars is perfect Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty! Love the string of stars and the gorgeous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card Lea, I love those cute stars.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card!! I love the watercolored background and the stars! So pretty!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooo beautiful! I love the watercoloring and those tiny little strings of gold stars are wonderful!! So happy you joined us at The Card Concept Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥