Winnie & Walter August Release Tour of Stars

August 29, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!  I am super excited about tonight, because this is my first time officially participating in a Winnie & Walter release as part of The Talent!  I've been on the team for a little while now, but was unable to be part of the last release due to my schedule in July.  I am super excited to be playing along!!

This month we are having one big blog hop to showcase all the new product.  We are releasing three new stamp sets this month, in a new LARGE size!!  These stamp sets are 6x8, and chalk FULL of images.  I think you are going to love them so much!

For my first card, I used the new Halloween set called "Moonlight".  I kept it nice & simple, but added a little bit of artsy to it by watercoloring the background in orange & yellow and flinging some black droplets on it (which also flung all over my face, & I totally giggled when I looked at myself in the mirror). 





Keeping with the season, I created a more fall themed card using the new stamp set called "A Tree for All Seasons".  I kept a neutral color palette for the most part, other than the sweet little red bird.  I thought it was a nice small pop of color to a card that was mostly brown.

Considering this is a blog hop, you should have arrived here from Laura's blog, and your next stop is Mayuri's blog.  If you've happened upon this post, and want to participate in the entire blog hop...check out the Winnie & Walter blog for a full list & starting point!

These stamps are all available for purchase right now, so head on over to the Winnie & Walter store to pick up your must haves!!  I am also giving away a stamp set of the winner's choice from the August release!!  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post by August 31st at 11:59 pm CST, and I will pick a winner from all of the comments!! 

I hope that you've enjoyed my cards tonight....have an awesome start to your weekend!

Until later,
~L.

54 comments

  1. W&W = Halloween = AWESOME!!! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Halloween stamps with watercolours and your Autumn heart of leaves Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the wash of color on the Halloween card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and pretty, love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are purely AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are stunning, Lea! I love the layering of stamps on the Halloween card. The details on the tree card are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love the watercolor background on your Halloween card and that web border! And I can't wait to get A Tree For All Seasons... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, these are both totally awesome to the max!! I love your super cool and sophisticated Halloween card--not a cutsie one for the kiddies oh no, this is pure class! I love that you can easily give it to an adult for a spooktacular greeting! And WOW on your Thankful card--it instantly evoked a quiet, peaceful emotion in me when I laid eyes on it. You achieved this amazing understated beauty with it and it's really, truly marvelous. Thanks for being so darn inspiring and helping to make this a most enjoyable hop and Friday night for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really wonderful cards! Love how you have the leaves under the tree with the bird up in it! Great creativity for a great new Winnie and Walter release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards are just so amazing ..love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards! The background wash technique works so well for a Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, so simple and delightful. Can't wait to get my hands on these new releases (well, they will be on my wishlist and maybe my Xmas list......). Fingers crossed for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what's fun about hopping? Me following the incredible Shona Chambers around! Ha!! Truly gorgeous creations, Lea... my gosh I LOVE every tiny detail of "Thankful" right up to the button!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a pretty job on your cards. I like how you notched your paper to add the pretty twine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. FRIGHTFUL & DELIGHTFUL cards Lea!!!
    LOVE the CAS STYLE of your 1st card - a great design that would be perfect for sending out to all your family and friends, because no matter how hard you try, with the WONDERFUL watercolor background and STRIKING black splatters, EACH & EVERY one of them would be unique :)
    As for your 2nd card, it is SO ELEGANT - LOVE the SWEET scene you have stamped, the curved indents for the burlap string finish it off perfectly!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your cards are just beautiful, Lea! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A duo of delight here with your cards...fabulous showcase of the new release!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Halloween card!!! It is awesome! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the indentations on the tree card. Great idea and really sets off the tree and leaves on the ground
    The frightful card is very pretty. Love the colors.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! Love how the leaves at the foot of the tree make a heart! And that little red bird really pops against the bare branches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card designs--my fave is the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fab pair of cards, Lea ... love the colour washed background on the first one ... looks as though it's glowing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your first card in particular! Clean and simple at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of your cards are lovely!! That halloween card is so sophisticated!! I love the design on your second card. The tree is fabulous and I love how you die cut the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 2 fun cards, Lea; love the one with all the fallen leaves, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful. I'm living the water olivine on your first card. And that red bird on your second card is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What great ideas! I just started making cards and these are wonderful. Thank you for you insiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What great ideas! I just started making cards and these are wonderful. Thank you for you insiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great ideas! I just started making cards and these are wonderful. Thank you for you insiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What great ideas! I just started making cards and these are wonderful. Thank you for you insiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love these! I had to laugh at the flinging of black; my husband is always asking me what's on my face! Sometimes it's ink, other times glitter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. fabulous cards...love your design style!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow love the way you stamped the leaves around the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards !! Love the first one !!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The moonlight card is just awesome. The watercolor background was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great cards. Had a little giggle about the flicking the black ink - I've so done that before. I love the neutral colours on your tree for all seasons card - very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards - love the yellow background on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are amazing! I love the watercoloring on the first and how you placed the leaves below the tree on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So pretty! I especially love the watercoloring on the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥