Design School: "I Pine for You"

August 31, 2011

Hey there, everyone!!  I have something fun to share with you today....I was asked to fill a guest spot for this week's "Design School" post at 2Peas!!

I had to create a project with the design principle of "repetition" in mind.  I knew that I wanted to create something simple and easy to reproduce....but I also wanted it to be something that could be changed for any theme as well.  The Echo Park papers from this month's Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit caught my attention, and ended up just being perfect!  I also used the pink twine from last month's kit...and they fit together perfectly!! Here is what I came up with!
"I Pine for You" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft)
Paper: Echo Park (Country Drive: Border Stripe)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Critters in the Forest & Plus One set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white)
Twine: My Mind's Eye
Button/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock, and round the upper right corner.  Cut a strip of tree patterned paper, and close to the bottom, leaving about 3/4 inch of cardstock showing.  Wrap pink twine around the top of the paper, tying a double bow to the left side.  Add a button to the middle of the bow using the same twine.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner, and then accent with two pink jewels to finish.

I hope that you enjoyed my card for Design School at 2Peas this week!!  I had fun making it!!  Have a wonderful rest of your day!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

4 comments

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥