Paper Bakery "Holiday Charm" kit + WPlus9 "Silver Bells"

November 27, 2013

Hey there, everyone!!  Long time no blog....guess what?  My crafting stuff is FINALLY unpacked!!  My husband built my Scrapbox over the weekend, & I proceeded to unpack and arrange everything for the next few days!!  Seriously....I had no idea I had SO much stuff.  I got rid of a ton of it before leaving Montana, & now have more boxes of stuff to go into our next garage sale.  Sheesh!  I'm so glad it is all unpacked now, & I have access to everything!!  It's time to get crafty in this joint!!  Yay!

So, awhile back I was asked to be part of the Paper Bakery team to create cards using their new card kits....I had to wait until we were in Fargo & unpacked, but this month is my first month working with the kit!!  The kit this month is called "Holiday Charm", & it's got some fantastic Christmas paper from Teresa Collins & some fun little accents to give your cards lovey layers & dimension!!

I paired the card kit with my WPlus9 "Silver Bells" stamp set....which allowed me to add those cute little leaves & bells to the lower corner, & finished off my sentiment!  I also used the WPlus9 A2 Envelope Liner Die to add help decorate the envelope as well!  I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch #198, & drew inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room #194 inspiration photo.  Here is my project!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Cut chevron paper slightly smaller.
3. Punch a half circle from the top of a vellum sheet, then stitch to the top of the chevron paper.
4. Adhere the paper block to the card front.
5. Layer the tags & diecuts to the left side, then accent with chipboard hearts & jewels.
6. Tie a double bow from yellow seam binding, then adhere to the to of the tag with a flair piece.
7. Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner.
8. Stamp the bells & leaves to cardstock, cut out & layer together.
9. Adhere above the sentiment, then accent with a jewel.
10. Decorate the envelope as shown.

There you have it...my first creation as a Paper Bakery design team member!  I'm looking forward to creating so much more with these kits, & all of my other amazing supplies now that they are FINALLY unpacked.  You don't even know how excited I was as I started filling all the totes & baskets in my Scrapbox...it was like seeing an old friend for the first time in awhile. :)

That is all I have for you today!!  I hope you like my card/envelope today, & I would love to hear what you think of it!!  Or anything in general...how's life?  It's cold here....in the 4th coldest city in America.  Lol!  We are enjoying it though, & celebrating our first Thanksgiving alone.  Ever.  Crazy, huh?  We have our menu all ready though, we bought the tiniest little turkey, and are looking forward to spending the early part of the day together.  As many know, Best Buy is open on Thanksgiving at 6pm this year...& though Josh is no longer a store manager, as a salaried employee he is going to be there as part of an "all hands on deck" to make sure the night runs smoothly.

Am I upset, you might be asking?  Nope.  This blog post answers why more eloquently than I could.  I am extremely thankful for the company that my husband works for.  They have taken care of us for a VERY long time.  My husband makes a wage large enough that I don't have to work outside of the home.  We have amazing benefits, which I saw first hand this year when I had multiple doctor visits, ultrasounds, lots of lab work, a trip to the ER & surgery.  We get an amazing discount.  My list could go on & on....but I won't take up more of your time.  No matter how you feel about Best Buy...it has been part of why we live the life we have {plus Josh's hard work, of course!!}.  So, if they ask my husband to give an additional 5 hours on Thanksgiving to help out on the store level....so be it.  We will cook & eat our dinner together earlier, & I will start decorating for Christmas while he works.  It's just 5 hours in the grand scheme of things to me.

Until later,
~L.

5 comments

  1. Yay! Welcome back, Lea! Love this pretty card and envelope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Back!!!! Love the card, and I especially love your spirit and optimism, you make me want to be the same delightful way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! just beautiful! thank you for sharing..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love all of those yummy layers! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of your card and all the yummy layers! Thanks for playing with us this week in The Shabby Tea Room this week

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥