Glitz Design - {shades of grey}

March 14, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!  Well...we've made it to Friday!!  Yay!!  My husband is traveling for work over the weekend, so it is just me & the pups right now.  I'm not really sure what we are going to do...probably be a bit of a homebody, watch some Netflix, and get some crafting done.  I have an engagement shoot on Sunday...my first in this area!!  I can't wait!

I have another clean & simple card to share with you today!  I used a little bit of Glitz Design's new "Black & White" collection, plus some of my Winnie & Walter stamps.  Here is what I made with them!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from dove grey cardstock, then mist the front with gold color shine.
2. Cut striped paper at an angle, and adhere to the bottom.
3. Cut a super thin strip of silver glittered paper, and adhere tucked slightly under the striped paper.
4. Cut a strip of steel grey cardstock, and adhere to the bottom.
5. Stamp the word "happy", cover in embossing powder & heat set.
6. Cut a thin strip of vellum, stamp the remaining sentiment to it, then wrap around the top of the steel grey strip.
7. Wrap twine around the bottom, then top with a double bow & button.
8. Add two bits of doily to the bottom of the card, then the upper right corner.
9. Accent with a giant rhinestone & enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Retro Sketches #105
-CAS-ual Fridays #129 - shades of grey
-Runway Inspired #55

That is all I have to share with you today!  I hope you've enjoyed my card!  Have a great weekend!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:

16 comments

  1. Beautiful card Lea! Love the gold and silver touches. Enjoy your weekend to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! Love the glittery accents. Have a nice weekend and enjoy the shooting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty elements here! I love the muted, soft colour palette! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the gray, white, and gold together! And you're on top of making Mother's Day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is really beautiful, Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your sweet details!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw.. how gorgeous, Lea! Each element is delightful! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love all the details and the sparkle embellishments really finish off the card brilliantly.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty, Lea! I love how you added just a touch of gold. It looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack, I totally LOVE this!!! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. catching up on your blog. your use of embellishments always amazes me. i love how happy everything is. This is pretty CAS for you! it's still just as magical as all your other stuff. The earthy tones glow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfection! Thanks for joining CASual Fridays! I always look forward to seeing your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is amazing, Lea!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card, Lea! Love every single detail!! Any mother would be thrilled to receive this card. Thank you so very much for linking up to our join in to win.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥