MME - {Now and Then Dorothy}

March 11, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!!  Sorry it has been so quiet around here...just been busy with other things these days!  I am going home to Montana for a couple of weeks at the end of the month, and I am SO excited!!  But...that also means I've got to craft in advance as much as possible...so my blog might be a little quiet.  I still hope to get in some "just for fun" crafting time before leaving as well...so never fear!  I will have posts up!

Today I am up on the My Mind's Eye blog, and I have a cute duo of cards to share with you!!  They feature the My Mind's Eye Now & Then "Dorothy" collection, and are full of amazing color & dimension!  I just love the pinks & blues & grays featured in this collection!

I used a very similar design on the base of the cards, which included wrapping twine around the seam from the two different papers and rounding just the one corner.  This provided continuity between the two cards so they could be given away as a little gift set, but also so they would photograph well together!

Once the card bases were complete, I layered and accented the tops.  While I used different stickers, journal cards & accents on each card, I was able to maintain some similarity just by using the same collection.  That is one of the things that I love most about My Mind's Eye collections...there are so many different elements in each one and you have so much to choose from when it comes to designing your projects!!  Here are the cards I've created today!
I've used a sketch from Sketch Saturday (linked below) for both of these cards, and have just flipped it around in order to use the sketch twice, but come up with different results!  I actually do this quite a lot...it's a great way to make a pair of cards that have a cohesive design!

Card Challenges
-Sketch Saturday #300
-Cure for the Monday Blues #8
-Word Art Wednesday #122

Well friends, that is all I have for you today!  I hope that you enjoyed my cards and that you have a great rest of your Tuesday!!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:

6 comments

  1. Such delicate and beutiful cards !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful make for both card...Love the mix of colors and embellishments. We are so blessed that you joined us at our challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you join us again at our new Challenge starting today. Leaving you with inspiration from Galatians 5:1 which says, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Hugs and blessings...

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 beautiful cards Lea!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, OMG. First of all, thank you for playing along *again* with my challenge! I am so very honoured!! Both of these cards are absolute stunners! Love the bright colours and the eclectic look of the layers! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT cards - as Always I LOVE your designs! - and what a wonderful Collection this must be to play with!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥