Glitz Design - {Carpe Diem}

March 3, 2014

Happy Monday, blog friends!  How is your day going so far?  It is snowing here, & cold...so, pretty normal.  :)  Just a normal start to the week for me....not too much going on today.

This week on the Glitz blog we are showcasing one of our brand new collections called "Carpe Diem".  This collection is a blend of soft pink & soft blue, mixed with white & other neutrals...it is GORGEOUS.  I think it might be my very fave collection from Glitz this time around...and it mixes perfectly with my fave metallic these days....gold.  Here is what I created!

Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from cashmere cardstock.
2. Cut vellum & dotted paper slightly smaller & layer at different angles to the card front.
3. Cut an ombre strip, & adhere to the left side.
4. Wrap white lace & gold trim across the middle of the card.
5. Cut the 3x4 journal card from patterned paper, & adhere to the right with foam adhesive.
6. Diecut the wreath from gold glitter paper, & the circle from vellum.
7. Stamp the sentiment to the vellum, cover in embossing powder & heat set.
8. Layer the wreath & sentiment circle together to the front, then accent with giant rhinestones.
9. Add stickers & enamel dots as shown to finish.

Card Challenges:
-Reverse Confetti March Sketch
-The Paper Players #185 - Thankful for Spring

I love the sentiments that are included in this stamp set from Reverse Confetti (linked below), and this one is my favorite of them all.  It's such a lovely way to say thank you for whatever you might be grateful.  And it looks so pretty embossed in glittery gold....tee hee!!

Well, that is all I have for you today!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Monday!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:
**The vellum was purchased at my local craft store.**

5 comments

  1. Happy sigh....this is gorgeous Lea! So soft, serene and ethereal...I love it! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I'm Sandrine Vachon and I work for the magazines - Passion Scrapbooking, Passion Cartes Creatives and Atelier Déco & Créations.
    With the aim of a new design for the article "news net", I plan to put the address of your blog. Would you accept this? This article is to develop your blog a little article with some pictures of your creations, the address of your blog and its content.
    http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.fr/
    I hope to get a positive response from you.
    Cordially.
    Sandrine VACHON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous, Lea! Love the soft colors and touches or gold, and your collage style is super! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combi nation bête en the soft pastel Colors and the brigthness of the gold !

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥