Scraptastic Kit - {Good Idea}

May 1, 2014

Hey there, everyone!!  Holy cow...two posts in a few days!  That is totally a record for me right now.  Lol!  How has your day been?  Before I get to my projects...let me tell you a little story.  I'm not one to be a, "OMG...look at what I/we got!!!" kind of person.  But I have a happy story from today to share! So, We didn't want to take our old BBQ with us to Fargo because it would have taken up way too much room in the U-Haul.  So, we gave it to our best friends because they didn't have one.  Josh knew that he REALLY wanted a Traeger when we went to replace it, and while we were staying with said friends above during our transition time....they had them at the Costco in Missoula for about $680.  We almost splurged...but decided to wait because we weren't sure we would have room in the U-Haul for it.

So, we've kept our eye out at Costco for them, but figured it wouldn't be until mid-summer that they got them, like last year.  Well- we walked into Costco today to pick up a couple things and as I looked ahead down the main aisle....I saw what looked exactly like a Traeger.  Lo & behold- that was exactly what it was....for $499 (for the model that would be $699 + $100 for the upgraded digital temperature guage).  Needless to say...Josh loaded one right up into our cart & we were ecstatic!!  We LOVE food, and we LOVE grilling...and it has been a little bit of a bummer not having one for the past 9 months.  And on a weird side note- when I opened Facebook right after purchasing it....a Traeger advertisement was the FIRST thing in my newsfeed.  I hadn't posted about it anywhere, nor have I ever looked them up on my laptop.  CREEPY!!!

So- now that I've told you all about our exciting purchase today...how about I share a card with you?  I used some of the products from my April Scraptastic Kits, mostly from the Worth Wondering add-on kit.  Plus I also used the Worth Wondering stamp set on it....which has some of the CUTEST sentiments.  Check it out!
As a photographer, I love all the photo themed product out there.  And there were some of the cutest puffy stickers from Evalicious that I LOVED and really wanted to use.  So, how do you use photo themed product on a card?  Well...as the family photographer, I am typically always the one shooting photos of the things we do together, and will typically be the one to make prints & send them out.  How nice would it be to send your families & friends a photo themed card all about the memories along with their set of prints?  It would also work great for your really special clients in a photography business!!

I created this for the following challenges:
-My Favorite Things Sketch #174
-CAS-ual Fridays #131 - Three Thirds
-Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

I love this sweet little card....it is one of my latest faves!!  {I think it might have to do with the fact that it is photo themed. Tee hee!}  I hope you enjoyed it too!!  Today is the full reveal of all of the May Scraptastic kits, and I will be working with "The Story I Heard" full kit, add-on & all stamp sets.  Here are the kit reveal photos!
 

Be sure to head on over to the Scraptastic Blog today to see the full reveal of the rest of the kits as well!!  We have a Project Life kit, and another scrapbooking kit called Daylight!!  I will be back again soon with more to share!!

Until later,
~L.

5 comments

  1. Lea your card is absolutely gorgeous with such a lovely colourful retro feel. Happy grilling (braai-ing) like we say here in South Africa.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute! Love the layers of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love all the layers! The colors are amazing, too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your awesome purchase and enjoy your up coming Summer food!! :) This card is adorable!! I love how you make cards look effortless..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun details to explore on this pretty card! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥