MME - {Just Splendid}

May 6, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!  How are you doing?  Did you have a great time celebrating iNSD?  I WISH I would have had a moment to create, but alas, we were pretty busy this past weekend.  I had a ton of cleaning to do, and had plans with our neighbors on both days.  We had fun though, and that is all that matters! :)

I don't know about you, but I am SO ready for Spring.  I am ready for warmth, long & lazy days, sunshine & blue skies.  Considering I live in Fargo, ND...I think I've got a bit of a wait on my hands before that is my reality.  Lol!

While I am waiting for the warmth to set in around here, I've chosen some fresh & light colors and super fun patterns from the Record It! "Just Splendid" collection.  I seriously love how whimsical and fun everything is, and I've paired it with some embellishments & stickers from the Now & Then collections!!  These two cards were on the My Mind's Eye blog yesterday.  Check them out!

#Happy Birthday Supplies:Record It!-Just Splendid: cardstock journal cards & wood dots, Now and Then :Dorothy,Milo & Izzy: decorative buttons, Other: Bazzill cardstock, May Arts ivory twine.

Hey Hello Supplies:Record It!-Just Splendid: 6x6 paper pad, cardstock journaling cards & wod dots, Now and Then-Mildred: alpha/word stickers & sticky notes, Now and Then-Dorothy:accent stickers, Other: Simon Says Stamp woodgrain cardstock.

 For the birthday card, I focused on some of the journaling cards.  I trimmed down the 4x6 card to fit a standard A2 card, then trimmed the 3x4 card so it wouldn't cover the "say cheese" sentiment.  After layering them to the card front (with the bracketed label half)....I found matching buttons for the balloons, thread them with twine & adhered them to the 3x4 journal card.  After that I just added some stickers, a bow & wood dot to complete it!!

For the second card, I focused on the 6x6 paper, and layered strips of it to the bottom & the right side of the woodgrain A2 card base.  I cut out the speech bubbles from a 3x4 journal card, and added them to the top with foam adhesive.  After that I added the other woodgrain bracket label to it, then accented with stickers.  I added the sticky note to the bottom, then accented with wood dots to finish!!

I used the following challenges for these cards:
-Retro Sketch #112 - (card #2)
-Word Art Wednesday #130 - anything goes
-Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

Well...that is all I have for you today!  I hope that your Spring days are amazing, and that mine keep getting warmer!! :)

Until later,
~L.

 

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Lea :-) both of them are fabulous ! I love the button balloons,, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great cards with the first my favourite. Love those buttons. hope the warm weather arrives soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO cute! I absolutely LOVE your button balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish it was cooler here, Lea. It seems summer has already set in. But your cards are so full of springtime! LOVE the palettes and those fun, word bubbles and buttons!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥