We Need 2 Talk

May 27, 2014

Happy Tuesday, blog friends!  How are you doing so far this week?  We've had a good couple of days!  On Sunday we smoked a turkey, and had our neighbors over for dinner & drinks.  Once it got dark out we lit a fire in their little fire pit & had smores...it was fun!  Yesterday we went for a run, and then had some other friends from church over for burgers.  Lots of yummy cooking over the weekend on the Traeger...best purchase EVER.  At least recently.  Lol!

Today I have a a sassy & fun set of cards using both The Story I Heard Kit & Add-on from Scraptastic Kit Club this month. These kits made me think of gossiping with my girlfriends (not mean gossiping...just the fun banter that only women understand) and just being silly together.  I've moved away from all of my best girlfriends, and these cards make me miss them so much!!  I am so looking forward to our visit home this summer when we can stay up late & chat to our hearts content!!

These cards were inspired by those moments when you just HAVE to talk to one of your girlfriend's about something that seems pretty major (if only for a moment) or during those times when you are bummed out & just need someone to validate you.  Check them out!
One of the things I love most about working with kits is having a true focus on certain products.  I love to take everything out of its packaging, and lay it out so it is easy to grab from.  And that is how both of these cards came together.  After cutting & planning out the paper blocks...I did what I call "grab & go".  Don't think to hard about it....grab for items and start placing them here & there around your card.  You will put things back that don't work out and move things around a bit...but in the end you have a really fun card that is full of things you might not have thought to put on it at first glance!!



I also was inspired by these challenges:
-Viva la Verve May 2014 - week 3 & week 4 sketches
-The Pink Elephant #252 - anything goes

That is everything I have to share with you today!!  I hope that you have an awesome Tuesday!

Until later,
~L.

2 comments

  1. So cute! I really love all the word bubbles and phone symbols - and especially love how you layered the alphas on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards you bring everything together in such a beautiful way

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥