Warmest Wishes - MFT Stamps Guest Post

December 29, 2017

Hey there, friends!!  Now that the holidays are mostly over, you will start seeing me post regularly on my blog again!  But before we ring in the new year, I have my first of 3 guests posts with My Favorite Things to share with you!!  I am so excited to share this card with you, as it was completely inspired by Layton, and how we had painted/decorated his nursery!

 First up - here is a link to today's post at the MFT Stamps blog!

For today's card, I paired the newly released Friendly Forest stamp set and Die-namics with some previously released scene-building dies to create this light & airy winter themed card!



One of my favorite things to do is mix brand new products with previously released items to freshen them up!  Stamps & Dies are an investment that can be used time & time again, and this is one way that I make sure I’m using them as much as possible!  Check out my card!



To start, I created an A2 card base from Smooth White cardstock. I trimmed Sno Cone cardstock slightly smaller, and mounted it to the front with foam tape.




Then I diecut all of the pieces I needed to create my wintry scene from their corresponding cardstock colors.  I covered all the pieces that were cut from Smooth White cardstock in Diamond Dust glitter.  This included the snow caps on the mountains & the two snowy hills.  It really made them look like they are glittering with snow!

I did mask off about a half inch from the snowy hill that would be the top layer, and then stamped the “warmest wishes” sentiment to it in black ink. Once this was done, I layered the scene together to the card base. I started by adding the sun first, then the two snow-capped mountains that are to the left of the sun.





Then I layered the 2 snowy hills to the front, tucking the smaller mountain on the right between them.  To finish creating the scene, I added two cute little pine trees to it.

The final step was stamping the cute critters from the Friendly Forest stamp set to Smooth White cardstock, then diecutting them. I then layered them cozily around the sentiment to finish the card!




Thank you for coming to hang out with me today, and check out what I created! I really appreciate it so much! I will be back after the new year with another fun guest post for MFT Stamps!

Have a wonderful rest of your Friday!

 Supplies used:

5 comments

  1. Always love your creations and am so glad to have you back (and be back myself :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, how wonderful to see your post appear in my Feedly! Congratulations on your GD role with MFT; you've started off with a wintry scene that is sheer delight! We live near the Canadian Rocky Mountains, so these woodland critters are quite familiar to us, as are the snow-capped mountains. Love this...and I'll definitely be checking out the products you've used; they're quite irresistible!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea! What a darling scene you've created - I'm imagining Layton's nursery, in all of these wonderful, calm, sweet colors! I'm seeing this in a little white shadow-box frame on his wall!
    Yay, you - yay, US to have you guesting at MFT!
    See you next year! all the best...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great talent and a tons of creativity! Thanks for sharing! Wishing you a wonderful and crafty 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet! I'm looking forward to your other posts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥