Apples & Pears

April 28, 2008

Well, it was a GORGEOUS day today! Our temps were in the low-70's by noon, and stayed at that comfortable temperature until the sun started to go down. It was SO nice. All we have had so far is a frigid spring....so the past three days have been wonderful. But, alas....all good things must come to an end, and we are going back to our cold spring again starting tomorrow. But...I have to look at the blessings from this. We still have snow pack that is melting very slowly. If we don't go through an abrupt warming trend....it will stay this way and we will have less to worry about when it comes to fire season. Last year's fire season was AWFUL to say the least...so here is hoping we get to have a beautiful summer. That would more than make up for such a cold spring.

I thought I would share my April Provo Craft assignments tonight! This first project uses the new "Home Decor" cartridge and my Cricut Expression. I call it my Apples & Pears Party Set...pretty original, huh? The party set includes an invite, of course...and then a place mat, name card and a napkin ring. And look...I actually used some of the Martha tableware for the table! Who would have thought?!

And my other project for the month is this wedding card. It uses the new "Wedding" cartridge and my Cricut Expression again. The new "mini" carts are really neat. They don't have as many options to them, thus the lower price...but they included some fabulous images. Like this card.....the whole base image is part of the cartridge, as well as the bridge & groom image. Love it!


Well, that is about it for me tonight. Thanks for all the sweet comments on my last post! If you haven't thrown your name in the ring for my Martha RAK....just post a comment on that last post! I will be posting the RAK receivers on Thursday morning!

Also...I know that I still need to post photos from Yellowstone, but I just haven't had the time to edit them all so far. Hopefully soon I will get to it!

Lucas & Peyton forever (sorry...I watched One Tree Hill tonight),
~Lea

15 comments

  1. Oh my! Cute, cute, cute Lea! LOVE those apples and pears.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable projects, Lea!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love that set and gorgeous wedding card.. makes me want a Cricut. ;0) Can't wait for more Yellowstone photos I need to get out there for our next vacation. Have a great day! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!I love the party set! It is so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovin' that apple-y goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute projects Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lea!
    I have been coming to your blog on a regular basis now and I admire your creations. I have a little surprise for you on mine. Here's the link:

    http://creationsceecee.typepad.com/ceecees_creations/2008/04/what-an-honor.html

    Hope it makes you happy :-)
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cards!!!!!

    I hope you have a fire free fire season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Lea, esp love the fruity one! I also hope you have a quiet fire season - we had a bad one here last summer - we don't get the snow but seem to get a wet spring, which means lots of grass and then more fuel in summer.. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Lea I love all of your new work!!! You are sooooo talented:) Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog it really means a lot!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl you always make such GORGEOUS cards!! YOU need to make an idea book...SERIOUSLY! I love all you do! :)

    PLUS I had to come tell you that you are such an ANGEL!! How sweet are YOU to say what you did on my blog! HUGS girl...hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab cards (as usual)!!
    our spring has been cold cold too. every couple weeks we get a nice day. that's not today though! lol...
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the apple and pear set!! So cute as always!!

    It is chilly here too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep.
    we're cold here, too.
    say.
    that table setting looks just fab.
    what time is supper? heehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all super, Lea! That party set is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥