Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

February 25, 2010

The 25th of February means it is time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop again!  I have participated two months in a row now!!  Yay!  Here are the details of this month's blog hop:

Since we just finished up our 3rd Anniversary Festivities, we thought we would do something extra
special for this month's Blog Hop!  Design Team Appreciation Day!  Your challenge is to go through the
Design Team gallery or any of the Design Team Members' blogs and find a project that is especially
inspirational to you!  Then recreate the project with your own spin, making it unique!  Be sure to share a
link and photo of the original project that inspired you!  And you can also use this opportunity to thank
the team for all their contributions this past year!  I know they inspire ME daily and I never seem to thank
them enough!  We look forward to seeing your projects!

 So, I did two cards for this fun little challenge.  The first one was inspired by Dawn McVey's "I ♥ Paper Crafting".  More fun rainbow stamping...you know I love that!  I am not sure why the stamping looks crooked in the photo...it isn't in real life.  Hmmm...oh well!  It is still cute!  This guy also fits a Moxie Fab "Olympics of Stamping" contest category as well...so I am submitting it for that too!
 "Thinking Of You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Hearts, & Asian Fusion
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: scarlet, orange, canary, lime, surf, violet, heliotrope, black) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs 
Pen: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the hearts to the middle of the card using rainbow colors.  Add the six rainbow colored jewels below the stamping, and then pen black lines around the entire thing.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner using black ink.

This next one is inspired by Betsy Veldman's "Moon and Stars Baby" card from the January release.  Ever since I saw that cute hanging baby from the branch....I have wanted to make my own version of it!  Such a cute, cute idea!!  So, here is my take on it!
 "On the Night..." supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps/Button: Papertrey Ink (Inside & Out: Baby
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: robin's egg) 
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridges: Paper Dolls Dress Up & Designer's Calendar by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold pink cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut two patterned paper blocks, round the top and bottom corners, and adhere to the front of the card.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white cardstock, and tie ribbon around the bottom.  Adhere it to the bottom of the card, and accent with jewels and a button.  Stamp the sentiment to the cardstock block with robin's egg pigment ink.  Cut the cloud from white cardstock at 4" using the Cricut Expression and Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge.  Cut the same image from pink cardstock at 3.5", and cut out the stars.  Cover them in glitter, and adhere them to the white cloud.  Attach the cloud to the front of the card.  Cut the moon from yellow cardstock at 2" from the same cartridge.  Cut the moon from pink cardstock at 1.75", and cut out the stars.  Cover them in glitter as well, and adhere to the yellow moon.  Attach the moon to the front of the card.  Cut the baby from peach cardstock at 1.5" using the Designer's Calendar cartridge.  Cut it again from dotted paper, and cut out just the cloth section.  Adhere to the front of the peach cut, and adhere to the front of the card.  Hang the baby cut from the moon using twine, and top with a pink jewel. 

So, that is what I came up with!!  Hope you like them!  ♥♥♥ 

So- any thoughts on American Idol, now that we have seen all the girls and guys perform?  Ummm...let me just say, apart from a couple of them...I hope they just had some major nerves, and that they are going to get better in the coming weeks.  Because most of them were pretty bad performances.  BUT....Casey James made up for almost two hours of mediocre singing last night....he is my favorite as of now!!  

Well, I better get going for now!  Have a great night! 

Until later,
~Lea

83 comments

  1. LOVE that rainbow card! May have to CASE you CASE-ing Dawn! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, these are both so gorgeous! But between you and me, I'm going to be CASEing your rainbow card- it's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* Both cards are yummy, but the second one is amazing! I can't stop looking at it. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! i love both of these--great inspiration for SURE :D i love the rainbow card especially, but all that Cricut piecing on the 2nd is MAGNIFICENT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS, I am utterly in love with that rainbow card! I think I need to get me some pretty colored jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy cuteness on that second card and the first is just simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. these are simply amazing. LOVE your cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards, especially the baby card. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG these are great! That rainbow heart card reminds me of growing up in the 80's and Punky Brewster, hee! It's so adorable! Your baby card is super sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable baby card! So soft and yet eye-catching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just say WOW! I LOVE your take on the baby card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so amazing. I love love love the rainbow colours on the first card. And your attention to detail on the second is inspirational! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job CASEing both of those cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word.......both cards are delicious!!! The baby one is the best. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow both cards are just amazing. I love to create baby cards to I am drawn to that one. You did a wonderful job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great cards! They are both beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job on both of them. I especially like the rainbow one though!
    I completely agree with you about Idol. I am not really impressed with anyone so far. Casey was pretty good. There are a few I liked in the beginning that I am hoping will get better though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the details on your card. It's really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job on your card, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how simple and cute the first one is and how adorable the second one is. Love how you made the cloud with the stars...and I have a major weakness for buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous! I love your rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are fabulous, but that baby card is the cutest EVER! I love everything about it and I may scraplift if you don't mind :)
    Casey is my fav too. He's great to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of these cards are cute. I especially love the baby card. You are great at paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Outstanding job, Lea. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both lovely, but that baby card is simply precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You outdid yourself! Incredible cards and such different styles, but both done so well. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lea, Love the cards!! The baby card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both of these are fabulous! I'm always partial to any card with a rainbow of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job on both the cards! Thank you for taking the time to post the instructions too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful work! I especially love the cheerful rainbow in the first card. What an awesome way to let someone know they are on your mind! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't "like" them.... I LOVE them!!!!! These are fabulous as usual, Lea! You just keep amazing me! I love the bright, cheerful colors on the first card and the soft pastels on the second one. Great job with the challenge!

    I totally agree with you about American Idol. They have been saying all along how this is the most talented group so far...but I'm not feeling that yet. Maybe too many nerves. ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  33. Swoon!!! You create magic with rainbow Lea! And I love that super sweet baby card!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your cards are so wonderful!!! Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards, Lea!! Love your stamped rainbow card. So happy and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both cards are gorgeous Lea! I love the rainbows too and the baby card is delicious! You have inspired me to check out Renaissance by Design, by the way. Ordered a few (yikes!) rolls of that luscious ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both cards are great, but I just love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both cards are beyond words. The baby card is one that stops you in your tracks. Thanks for your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both cards are sososooooo wow!! LOVE them!! Agreeing with you on idol.

    ReplyDelete
  41. that rainbow card is fabulous! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the gradient on your first card- so CAS but so striking !!

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are both fabulous! What wonderful tributes to both designers!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Both absolutely gorgeous Lea. So glad it's just not me thinking this, but most of this week's Idol has been bad. Casey and Crystal seemed to have the best performances & I think it was because they sang a fair bit of their songs without the band. Hopefully some of my favourites(Andy & Janell)make better song choices next week.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both cards are wonderful, Lea! Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous cards! I love the rainbow especially and the bling is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great cards! Love the second. Way to make it your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Both are very cute! I love the cheerful rainbow card.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! Fabulous cards. I really love your first card. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fabulous cards! I love your rainbow and the baby card is so sweet! You did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are both SO pretty!!! I think you captured both styles really well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Yours cards are both so beautiful and eye catching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow! I love how colorful both cards are! One card was simple and the other more complex, but they are both wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hmm, it says my comment published but I'm not sure, I don't see it, so once again, love that rainbow card! Great idea, so cute! The other is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Both your cards are fabulous, but that rainbow card is divine! One of my favorites this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both are great cards, but I especially like the first one! The rinestones set it off just perfectly! Looks like you've been faitful to leave lots of encouraging comments tonight! From a first time hopper and new blogger...Thanks!! It's nice to get NICE feedback! Enjoy the rest of your night!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Both great cards! I especially like the rainbow one with the matching rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Girl... these are awesome! I LOVE rainbow cards... I said oooooohhhh in my head when I saw it... and that baby card is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wow, Lea, the rainbow card is an amazing burst of color, so crisp and clear! The second one is just too cute, such soft and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow - your cards are both so different and both turned out wonderfully. The baby card has so much detail to take in! And I love the rainbow hearts card - so clean, crisp and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  61. love your use of colours in the first one and the papers in the second...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Both cards are beautiful. The baby card is my favorite. Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love the heart card. So very cute, and such a unique way to use that background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow! The first is so cute with the rainbow heart and the second is gorgeous with the baby and the night scene--I love it! I really loved Betsy's card too!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Both of these cards are so great, though I think the rainbow one is my favorite. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Oh my, that is so cute!! Personally, I love yours and mine and Betsy's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. These are great. I *love* the rainbow stamping card!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hey Lea! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. This reminds me of a t-shirt I had when I was rollerskating to the BeeGee's! (did I just date myself?) Love the hearts with the matching rhinestones. A definate Gold!!
    Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  70. both cards are gorgeous! congrats on your gold medal!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Love both cards! CONGRATS on your Moxie Fab win, and such a FAB idea with those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥