Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

February 25, 2011

Happy day, everyone!  Aren't you glad it is Friday?!  I definitely am ready to have a fun weekend!  We will be celebrating our friend Grant's birthday this weekend...so it should be a fun one!!

Well, if you are a PTI fan...you know what today is!!
Here is the Blog Hop Challenge that Nichole has given this month:
Ahhhh...scallops.  What is not to love about the scallop?  There is so much you can do with it!!  They make great borders, and edges.  They can be any size from teeny tiny to LARGE.  The card making industry has grown leaps and bounds when it comes to all the different border punches and dies that are now available...and it definitely all started with the scallop.  So, what to do with the scallop that I haven't ever done before?  Well...this is what I came up with.  {Oh, and BTW- I used Viva la Verve February Sketch #4 for this card...just so you know. Hee!}
"Just Because" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (kraft) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lush: blue damask, pink houndstooth, pink large polka dot, pink floral)
Stamps/Button: Papertrey Ink (Asian Fusion set) 
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Stampin' Up (scallop)
Diecut Machines: Cricut Expression & Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Stamping by Provo Craft
Steel Die: Spellbinders (Labels Twenty)

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the lower left and upper right corners.  Cut a blue damask paper slightly smaller than the card front, and then cut in half longways.  Round the lower left corner, and then adhere the paper block to the front.  Diecut and emboss the label from vintage cream cardstock and punch a hole through the top.  Thread cream ribbon through the punched hole, and and then adhere the entire piece to the front.  Tie a button around a bow with twine, then adhere the bow to the top of the label.  Punch a scalloped edge to different strips of blue and pink patterned papers.  Adhere them to a 2"x4" cardstock scrap in alternating colors, and then cut the butterfly from it at 2" using the Cricut Expression and Stamping cartridge.  Accent the middle of the butterfly with pearls, and then adhere it to the top of the label on the card.  Stamp the sentiment in the lower left corner to finish!

And...I am totally digging how the butterfly turned out!!  Not that what I did is revolutionary by any means, and it has been done before...but it is my first time trying it out...and I kinda like it! Tee hee!  And now I can't wait to see what the other PTI blog hoppers have in store for me on their blog...I always love seeing what everyone else does with their beloved PTI stamps!!  Have a happy day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L. 

P.S.  I am giving away two sets of Skipping Stones Design stamps!!  You have until Sunday night to comment on THIS POST and possibly win them!!  So, click on over and get your comment in!! {After you comment on this post, of course.  Tee hee!}

76 comments

  1. That butterfly is gorgeous! Love those tiny scallops! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEA!! You're SO CLEVER!! I love your card, the butterfly is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and pretty! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your butterfly! oh, and, congratulations on all of your gorgeous cards in the colour inspiration magazine...you rocked that one, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! i'll have to give that a try, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, LOVE your scalloped butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Loved all the pastel colors that you have used. I am so loving the scallop butterfly and want to give it a try. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colours my favourite at the moment , I love what you did to the butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! I LOVE that scalloped butterfly, and the colors and those yummy pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. Love all the detail and your ribbon treatment. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I love this and such a clever way to use scallops your work is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your creative idea...awesome...glad you checked out my furbabies...shout out to Bailey from them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the butterfly! and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea amazing butterfly and cute colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful concept of the scallops...love that butterfly and your colors are pure "yummy"!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful!!! Love that scallops butterfly and the colours you're using...I had to laugh because when I first saw your card thumbnail...I thought you had used the VLV sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your scallop butterfly is WONDERFUL!! love your colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love how you pieced together different scalloped borders and then die cut the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I'm tucking this away in my "to try" file - that butterfly is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful and I love wha tyou did with the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great idea for the butterfly! so creative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so creative Lea! Your LO's always vary and are so pleasing to the eye. I love the scallop butterfly! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty card. I love the scallop butterfly. Think I just might have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The scalloped butterfly is so pretty! I love the colors you used! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beauty!!! Love the butterfly and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Card Lea!!! I love the way you layered the scallops on your butterfly and the soft colors look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card! Great idea to create the butterfly with scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lea, I love your unique take on scallops. The butterfly is beautiful. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful Lea! I just love that butterfly! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your butterfly is gorgeous! I love that you used different patterned papers for a really unique look. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! That is so cool. I love how the butterfly looks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your butterfly is so pretty! I love butterflies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. The butterfly is sensational--such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! I love what you did with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card...and those colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a beautiful card. I love the scalloped butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  37. beautiful! I love love love this butterfly! adorable concept, so well executed with beautiful colors and I LOVE the pearls! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The layered scallop butterfly is gorgeous! Love the soft pastel colors and mix of patterns--just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is sooooo beautiful, Lea! Love your idea for a scallopy butterfly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Girl, this is lovely!! The scalloped butterfly is divine - absolute perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lea, your blog is one of the most gorgeously beautiful places on the web! This is exquisite! I love the delicate way you've incorporated scallops - and your colours are sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW!! gorgeous colour combo, and taht scalloped butterfly is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely amazing my friend!!! Love,love, love the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card Lea! Love the scalloped butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  45. The stamping cartridge has to be one of my favorites... and I *love* your butterfly too!! What a great creation... especially when I first thought you ran it through the die. Now my mind is thinking of all the possibilities of doing that with different cricut cuts!!
    Your card is really gorgeous!! love the colors, the butterfly is amazing. FAB job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful scalloped butterfly. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh WOW, the scalloped butterfly is FABULOUS, and oh so creative, LOVE this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So pretty Lea. Love the scalloped butterfly! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow-Just love how your scalloped butterfly turned out-great adding the pearls down the middle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Creative use of scallops, Love it! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love what you did with the butterfly. And your soft choice of colors remind me of spring too. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful spring card. I just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a great idea to use scallops on your butterfly! That looks fantastic!!! Please bring spring here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lea, wonderful card! Love your creations, always fun checking out ur blog!
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh Wow Leah!!! I LOVE this...what a super idea to use the scallops to design a butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the layered look. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Um yeah....I tried making a butterfly like that...didn't quite make it like yours...I mean it didn't quite turn out all pretty and soft....LOL This little babe is a beauty...and I love the halfcut patterned paper in the background too...you always have the bestest ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a great layout, so unique! The butterfly is soo beautiful in those colors and lovely scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Pretty card! Love how you did the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a gorgeous card! I love the butterfly--the scallops are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful colors and scalloped butterfly. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh I love the idea scallop on butterfly! So pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your scallop-y butterfly is brilliant, Lea -- the whole card is perfect. Love how you rounded opposing corners. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I agree with everyone else. you have a beautiful card in there. i love the pink in it.cakes on line

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a gorgeous scalloped butterfly, Lea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥