Congrats Sheridan Panthers Boys Track Team!!

May 19, 2008

Wow...I have so much to update on my blog. First off...congrats to Casey's track team! They took first place at the Western C Divisional Championship track meet this weekend! Each team member will now compete in at least one event at the State championship track meet in Helena this coming weekend!

Casey will be going to state in 3 of his 5 events. He struggled in his first event and his last event on day #1. So, he made it to state in the 200m., the 4x1 relay, and the 4x4 relay. He did not make it to state in the long jump, and the 400m. He is really bummed about the 400m because that is normally his best event, but such is life. I am really so proud of how well his track season turned around. How many kids do you know that have major surgery at the very beginning of a sports season, and end up advancing this far? He couldn't do anything track related for the first 4 weeks of the season, and the next 4 weeks of the season he was limited when it came to practice and could not weight train at all. Casey amazes me every season...he is such a dedicated athlete.

We spent all of Friday, and Saturday afternoon at the track meet. This was our first warm (HOT!) weekend...and I loved it. It was hard on the track teams though because Montana has been pretty cold up until this weekend. I felt for all the kids...it was HOT in the stands, so I can't imagine how hot it was on that black track.

This is the card that I made to go with a present for my mom. We are a give in person kind-of family...so she got her birthday and mother's day gifts on Friday night when we got home from the track meet. I made the card to match the wrapping paper on the gifts...anal retentive, I know.
The rest of our weekend was pretty quiet. We went to church on Saturday night. Then Sunday Josh had to work, and I was just lazy. I needed that lazy day- I was exhausted from two full days in the hot sun, and just being really busy those two days as well.

And look what I came home to on my lunch break!!!!!

This is our new Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 sports lens that I have been saving up for!!! EEEEK! Can you tell I am SO excited about it! We knew we had to get a sports lens for this coming football season...but having it for track state is going to ROCK! It is a heavy sucker...but SO worth it. We have been researching and reading review on this lens for about 8 months, and I am so ready to shoot with it. We will likely see the most difference in our shots once football starts, and we have lower light situations. But, we read that the clarity in full-light shots is just amazing.

Well, that is all for now. I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend, full of fun!

Have a sunshiney day,
~Lea

15 comments

  1. Oh!!!! I love that card those papers are just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GOOD NIGHT ALMIGHTY....that is a nice lens you have there!!!! I have the 18-200 3.5 and like it but often wish it were just a bit faster!!!


    Totally cute card too...soooo bright...you make bright look so easy..I struggle with bright...but wait till you see this upcoming CPS card...I went bright all the way baby! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I sooo love this card is fast and funky......
    I love your CPS ard too:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy schmoly girl---that lens it gorgeous---what a beauty! You deserve it! LOVE your sweet little card---warms my heart and makes me smile!
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to Casey! going to state in 3 events as a sophomore is AWESOME!

    and girlie, can't wait to see what you do with that mamma jamma lens - look out Sports Illustrated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to Casey for the weekend!
    Your card is adorable, love the papers and colours together..and can't resist birdies on cards...
    ..and WOW what a lens, can't wait see what you do with it! :O) Gx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fabulous, Lea, and that lens looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. many congrats to your little bro, Lea!!!!
    soooo drooling about your surprise lens.
    and the card?
    priceless . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. LUCKY!!!!!!!! LOOK at your new lens! Awesome!! Have fun with your new toy Lea! Just wanted to stop by and say HI!!! I LOVE your card!!!
    CONGRATS to your little brother!!! :)

    HUGS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy wow! that is one awesome lens!!!!!!!!!! woot!

    congrats to casey!!! so awesome!

    and lastly...lol..love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning Lea!!! You are my hero:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Casey!!!

    What a fabulous lens!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fab creation by Lea! Bet your mom was happy with that lovely card. Congrats to your little bro!
    And girl, I have very serious lens envy. I sooooooo want that lens too. It's on the top of my list. Enjoy!
    And with a heavy sucker like that you won't need to go to the gym for a work out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, that lens is amazing. I'm so jealous. ;0) Love your card and wtg Casey he is one talented guy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that cute, little card! Congrats on the new lens!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥