What a difference....

May 12, 2008

...a few weeks of lifting and being completely released can do for a track star!! I wrote about how Casey had struggled a bit with track in the beginning due to loss of strength and being a bit out of shape because of his elbow surgery. Casey had districts this weekend and placed top 3 in all his events!! So, that means he goes to divisionals this weekend, which is the qualifier for state. Divisionals are here in Missoula, so I will get to watch him compete again on Friday and Saturday! I am so excited for him! See...I told you he would get it in gear! He replaced the 100m. with the long jump after being released because he just wasn't succeeding in the 100m. He took 2nd at districts in the long jump...and had only been doing it for a little over a week! Proud sister moment...sorry! Tee hee!

I was a scrapping fool this weekend, but I really can't share any of it right now. But, I was looking through my album and came upon this layout...I had forgotten about it. I did it for a CK online weekend challenge last summer. I remember that these photos were SO hard to take of Sadie. I really wanted some photos of her with bows on her ears...but she kept pawing them off. Every time I took a photo of her with the bows on...she gave me the "Sadie dirty look". She hated them! Needless to say...Sadie has been bow-less since!

We had a nice, quiet weekend. Josh started a week of overnights last night...so we were just lazy over the weekend. We watched some movies, he played some video games, I did a lot of scrapping...and ran a few errands here and there. We had church on Saturday night...Josh's first time going since it started! We both enjoyed it. Jason had a good message about how living a Christian life isn't about living a life of convenience. It really made me realize that I need to evaluate my life to see where I have become complacent, or just content.

I hope that all the mom's out there had a wonderful Mother's day!
~Lea

10 comments

  1. That LO is so sweet! Love it! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to your Sadie not liking her bows! My Edgar HATES the hankercheif that gets tied around his neck after his grooming! Poor babies ;)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet layout! I can't blame Sadie. . . ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute page. sounds like a good sermon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are really great pics of sadie. cute cute page!

    congrats to casey! exciting stuff! have fun watching him this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful creations since I last visit Lea...Hope your having a great week:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, Sadie is adorable even without bows!

    Such a pretty layout!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, she is adorable with her bows and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lea this is so sweet! I love this LO:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! What a cute little puppy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥