Provo Craft Tuesday

May 13, 2008

Good morning all! I thought I would share my Provo Craft assignments for May today. My assignment was to do 3 "sylish and chic" cards using some specific Cricut cuts. And my other assignment was to do a "Family Assignment Board" using my Cricut Expression and the cartridges that come with it.

First up are the cards. This card features the umbrella from the "New Arrivals" cartridge. I made the card a bit more "chic" by using some unconventional papers and colors for the baby theme.

Supply List: Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Paper (My Mind's Eye), Rub-ons (American Crafts), Ribbon (Offray), Rhinestones (Glitz Designs), Ink (Clearsnap), Corner Rounder (EK Success), Deco Scissors (Provo Craft), & Sandpaper (Heidi Swapp).

This card features one of the butterflies on the new "Home Accents" Cricut solutions cartridge that is now available. I LOVE this cartridge...I find myself grabbing for it all the time.

Supply List: Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Paper (SEI), Rub-on (American Crafts), Rhinestones (Glitz Designs), Ink (Clearsnap), & Deco Scissors (Provo Craft).

This card features one of the damask images, and one of the border images that are also on the "Home Accents" Cricut solutions cartridge. I will say that with how detailed these images are, they work best on paper that isn't as thick as cardstock if you are wanting the image to be pretty small. It cut out perfectly on this Basic Grey paper...where I had to do some fixing up on the butterfly above, which was on Bazzill cardstock. (Just a pointer for you!)

Supply List: Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Paper/Rub-on (Basic Grey), Pearl Strip (Glitz Designs), Rhinestones (Doodlebug Designs & Heidi Swapp), Ink (Clearsnap), Deco Scissors (Provo Craft), & Corner Rounder (EK Success).

And last but not least...the "Family Assignment Board". This board features the Cricut Expression, and the two cartridges that came with it, Plantin School Book and Accent Essentials. I cut the scallops out with the accents cartridge, and the rest of the letters and shapes with the Plantin font.
Supply List: Magnetic Board/Markers (from Target), Cardstock (Bazzill Basics), Paper (American Crafts), & Rhinestones (Doodlebug Designs).

I got all the cards done last night...but that board took me forever! And it is so simple and basic! But, when you aren't used to a canvas size any larger than 12x12...it took me a bit to figure out what to do with it! I think it is pretty cute...no matter how simple it is!

Did anyone watch One Tree Hill last night...or am I the last viewer of this show? It had a crazy ending...kind-of ticked me off, to be honest. BUT...it looks like they aren't going to cancel the series this season after all! They are showing the season finale next week, not the series finale. So, hopefully I get one more season of it!! They need to give me at least that after such a crappy ending last night!

HUGS,
~Lea

10 comments

  1. Your cards are always so beautiful. Great design work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you do it all, Lea?
    you are such an amazing, creative woman!
    and a wonderful inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cards are so beautiful!!! lovin every each of them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh. i wanna come to your house and play! super cards girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes I haven't been on the computer much this week and you have been busy blogging! I just read up on all the posts since the sixth...LOVE YOUR CREATIVE EDGE!!!

    These Cricut projects are WOWZERs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lea! Your projects are amazing--I just love how you pull in so many patterns and colors---beautiful and perfect!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. um YES i love One Tree HIl... and i was so FURIOUS at Lucas when he told Payton he hated her! Like any of this is her fault?! What an awful thing to say!
    Your cards are beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful, and that family assignment board is just beyond fabulous! I need to make myself one of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, I love that board!!!!! super delish cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Lea, that new baby card is DARLING!! Such yumm-o colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥