2S4U Laura's Sketch 12 & more!

November 4, 2008

I got an itch to stay up later last night, and do a card for this week's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 U. I was just going to sketch it out myself (sounds weird, doesn't it?) and pick out the product...but instead I was inspired to just complete it! Lots of Basic Grey on this one! Be sure to check out the 2S4U blog- it is a great sketch week, and they have introduced their Winter design team. The cards of the new gals are amazing...so be sure to head on over!
"A Baby Is A Miracle" Card
Supply List:
Premade Card: The Paper Company
Paper/Chipboard/Rub-on: Basic Grey "Sugared"
Pearls: Glitz Designs
Ribbon: Heidi Swapp
Ink: Clearsnap
Deco Scissors: Provo Craft
Craft Supply: vintage lace
I can also post some previously published items from August/September issues of some publications. This card was featured in the Aug/Sept issue of Paper Trends magazine, which I believe has changed it name to Handmade now.
And these cards were featured in the September issue of Cards Magazine, with the first two being on the cover! That never gets any less exciting!



Well, for all my American readers...it is election day!! Did everyone get out and vote yet? I will be heading to the polls after work!! All I have to say is this day couldn't have come any slower. I take care of all the political advertising at my job, and I haven't had a break in political advertising since about March. So, needless to say...I am VERY ready for it to be over.

Well, have a very happy election day, or a Tuesday if you aren't in America!
~Lea

36 comments

  1. Oh this is just lovely Lea! I adore this line:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I really love the cards you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, your cards are stunning! Love your 2S4U card, it's very sweet! And your baby girl card is just sooooo adorable!

    Mrs J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! That is a BEAUTIFUL baby card- so sweet and perfect- I am loving your other cards! fab work and super congrats on making the cover!!
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that first card!! The whole thing is just too lovely for words!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,what a beautiful cards !!
    Regards Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous work lea!! love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the cover Lea, no suprise since you rock. ;) Love all these cards. Have a great week and yep I voted. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw those cards on the cover!! Congratulations!!! I love all your cards!!! You are so very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are all gorgeous cards! Congrats on all the publication success--especially the cover! :D


    p.s. I'm giving away blog candy if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Every single thing is just gorgeous! That 2s4u card is amazing, love the lace and pearl additions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you make beautifull cards and the babycard is absolutely georgious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your " Baby is a Miracle" card is awesome I love the DPaper. Excellent work on them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw these in the mag- just beautiful and so is your new creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, Lea! I just love the Basic Grey you used for the 2S4Y card...so yummy! I adore the cute heart and ribbon embellishment...the ribbon/lace stem is fabulous! You're so creative!

    Love the fall cards, too! Congrats on having them on the cover of the mag! So cool!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such beautiful work! Thanks for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great creations, Lea!!! love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, all of these are amazing. Love the one you created for the sketch! Congrats on the cover. That is really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your cover cards. Wow! The Fall one is my favorite and I plan on scraplifting it :-)

    Love your 2sketches card, that BG paper was such a lovely fit for your design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card for the sketch..love BG papers and congrats on being published...great work
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW these cards are amazing. Congrats on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally amazing cards!!! You totally rock the card world!!! Congratulations on being published!! It comes as no surprise to me!!!
    I just have to add, I am missing those football photos!!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha...just have to say it...all those baby cards are making me wonder if you have a baby itch ;)

    Seriously, these cards are AMAZING! You know I love your work!!

    Just bought me some BG and now I want to go make a baby card!!

    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your 2s4y card is gorgeous and I like the other cards too.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are gorgeous, Lea. Especially the one you made for 2S4Y. I love it! My other favorite is the Fall card with SR papers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lea, what a fabulous lot of cards! You rock with your fresh designs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on being the Card of the Week at 2S4Y! Your baby card is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  28. whooo hooo COTW at 2S4Y - Congrats and well deserved
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations for being card of the week. You totally deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATS on being Card of the Week Lea!! I love your card......simply darling!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Lea, card of the week on 2 Sketches! I was so happy when I saw it was you:) Enjoy your week in the spotlight! Your card is adorable, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wooo-hooo!
    congrats on 2s4y card of the week lea... well deserved ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥