"Hats Off to You" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peak

November 2, 2010

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  Today I have another card to share with you using a new Lawn Fawn stamp set that will release this week.  It is called "Hats Off to You", and it is so super cute and versatile.  There are about a million things you can do with it!  And while I didn't combine it with "Critters in the Snow", it compliments the set very well! ;)

I used Taylored Expression Sketch #132 for my card, as it fit perfectly with what I wanted to do with the stamp set.  I did combine this new set with one of the small leaves from "Harvest Season".
"Happy Thanksgiving" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Paper: Making Memories & October Afternoon
Stamps: Lawn Fawn 
Ink: Clearsnap (chestnut, amber, moss green) 
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: Basic Grey
Pins: Making Memories
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Border Punch: Fiskars
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base.  Sand the edges of a light blue paper block, and adhere it to the front of the card.  Punch two border strips from brown dotted paper and lightly sand the edges. Sand the edges of an orange paper block, and adhere a border strip to each side.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Cut a 3" circle from cream cardstock using a Cricut Expression & Storybook cartridge.  Stamp the sentiment to the bottom of the circle.  Stamp the hat to patterned papers, cut out, and layer together.  Stamp the leaves to cream cardstock and cut out.  Adhere them above the stamped sentiment, and accent the middle with jewels.  Adhere the hat over top of these items with dimensional adhesive, and then ink the edges of the circle.   Punch a hole in the top of the circle, and thread ribbon through it.  Adhere the entire piece to the front of the card, and accent above the bow with pins. 

Be sure to check out the other Lawn Fawn designers and see what they came up with as well!!  
Tiffany Johnson- http://tiffguam.com/

Don't forget about all the giveaways going on at the Lawn Fawn blog as well!  Here is a post list:

Don't forget that I am also giving away some 2 6x6 sets of GCD Studio's "Christmas Sleigh" patterned papers!  Go to THIS POST and leave me a comment!  Two winners will be picked this coming Friday!!

For my day 2 of sharing what I feel thankful for and blessed by...I am being a tad bit jovial and silly.  I feel so blessed to have two of THE cutest dogs in the world {who SERIOUSLY need haircuts. No worries...they have an appointment on Wednesday!} Tee hee!
First I will answer the question that you may be asking if you checked out yesterday's gratitude part of my post.  Yes- I do wear my white North Face fleece all of the time.  I ♥ it so much!  It is warm, and cozy, and soft...and I don't feel like I am 800 pounds when wearing it.  :)

So, Halloween night I helped out at the Trunk or Treat party that my church put on with another church from the valley, and when I got home I just had the urge to dress up my little pups and take some photos.  Josh obliged me, and photographed me with them too! Aren't they the cutest little moose and bee you have ever seen?!!  I love them to pieces!!

I also received a question in my comments yesterday, and I thought I would share it and the answer with you...in case anyone else was wondering as well.  First up...here is the question:
And here is the answer to that question....an adhesive that I couldn't live without.  I had a can of it break on me at one point while I was crafting late at night....and I am pretty sure I was on the verge of tears.  Seriously...I need it that much when applying glitter.


Well, I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday!!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

10 comments

  1. What a fantastic card Lea! I love how you incorporated that hat into the design! Thanks for the tip on applying glitter. I have a can but I guess I am too timid to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!
    Your dogs are SO cute! I have 2 Yorkies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Lawn Fawn card, such a creative idea. Your dogs are precious, I have two myself and they are my babies! Oh, and thanks for the tip on the adhesive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I adore all the things you do, thanks a lot for your comment in my blog.
    =

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! What a gorgeous card!! Love your design!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Lea! It is beautiful in every way!
    And those pictures of you and your cuties are the bomb-diggity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW adorable!!! LOVE the way you did the ribbon accents with the pins and the button and that sweet little hat with the bling and leaves are SO adorable!!! LOVE the pictures of your puppies HOW cute!!!! Great take on the sketch!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Lea the pups are soooooo cute.. I still love all your curls.. hehe

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card!

    Thanks so much for answering my question! I would have never guessed it was a spray adhesive! I've never used one before. Do you use a box to spray into to keep it from getting all over? I work at an arts & crafts supply store -- I'll have to check tonight and see if we carry it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥