ME Stamp Highlight: Water Blooms & Be You

June 19, 2013

Hey there, all!  Sorry for the lack of posting...I've had a whole lot going on in my life right now, and am recovering from some medical stuff.  No worries...I am just fine, but it threw a "wrench in my schedule" so to speak.  I'm on the mend though, and that is the important part.

Today I have a couple cards to share for you using the newly released Mama Elephant stamps.  I'm a little behind on the posting schedule with ME, so I am going to show two today & two tomorrow to catch up.  First, I have a card using the new "Water Blooms" set, partnered with the older "Good Times" set.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock, then round the bottom corners.
2. Layer two journal cards to the bottom of the card at an angle.
3. Tie twine around the seam, then finish with a double bow.
4. Stamp the custom sentiment to the bottom of the card.
5. Accent with three buttons, two of which that are threaded with twine.

Challenges:
-CASual Fridays #105 - Maps
-Runways Inspired #38 - Photo Inspiration
-Word Art Wednesday #85 - Anything Goes

Up next is a card using the new "Be You" stamp set, which is great for Project Life, but also for some fabulous cards!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from red cardstock.
2. Layer the front with a summer themed folder tab.
3. Add the journal card to the front, then wrap baker's twine around the top of it.
4. Stamp the banners to cardstock, cut out & adhere below the bow.
5. Stamp the heart arrow & the rest of the sentiment to the front of the journal card.
6. Accent the journal card with jewels, then add a printed vellum strip to the top to finish.

Challenges:
-Stamp & Create June - Summer
-The Paper Players #150 - Bling

That is all I have to share with you for today!  I hope that you are all having a lovely time crafting these days, and my hope is that I will be back to normal very soon!  Thanks for sticking with me!

Until later,
~L.

20 comments

  1. So creative. Great art pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back, hope you are keeping well, and as usual these are fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these cards, especially that first one, love the diagonal line, what a great modern, edgy design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. Love all the embellishments
    and the diagonal lines on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you are "on the mend". your cards are stunning! i especially like the button card.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are better now. My favorite card is the map one. I like using bits and pieces on my cards too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering what was up-- I'm glad you are doing ok!!

    LOVE these cards! I esp. love love love that second card! OH MY! You are so amazing with your layering and designs! BLOWN away!! LOOOOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, Both of these cards are phenomenal! I especially love the second one. What a gorgeous layount and color scheme. The jewels add so much more. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME cards, Lea. It's always such a blessing to me when you're able to play along with us and I thank you so much for stopping by to share.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. Em. Gee. is right! I LOVE your cards! The warm texture on your CAS map card is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My absolute favorite card in this post is that first one. I love the diagonal layout, the limited muted color palette, and the unique collection of elements that you used in the composition. I am visiting via WAW and hope your weekend is filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Both of your cards are phenomenal! The layouts are so clever. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the Contender win from CFC, Lea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, Lea...both of your cards. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your innovative take on the RIC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are great. Love the dominance of white which make your work very elegant. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday this week. Hope you'll join us again. Big hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the diagonal twine! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific cards! The tab off the edge is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥