The Card Concept 28

February 4, 2015

Hi blog friends!!  How have you been?  I've been really good, other than coming down with a really horrid head cold that reared it's ugly self in full force when I woke up on Monday morning.  Blech.  I spent the weekend in Minneapolis at an Oula Training Weekend.  Oula is a fitness program that we call "dancemania for the soul".  It was started in my hometown of Missoula, Montana, and I did it religiously for two years before we moved away.  I MISS it so much, and what it does for my body & my soul...so I've decided that I really want to bring it to Fargo.  The weekend was SUPER overwhelming.  I've got no experience being a group fitness instructor.  So, while the choreography comes really easy to me...trying to cue & lead people to follow me does NOT.  Lol.  I've got a journey ahead of me that is going to be difficult at times, but I am excited for it...and I know I can do it!!

It is time for another challenge at The Card Concept!!  Here is the challenge graphic:
http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2015/02/card-concept-28-romantic-roses.html

I was inspired by the muted colors (especially the silver/grey) & the woodgrain in the inspiration photo.  Here is how my card turned out!

Creation Instructions:
  1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
  2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller.
  3. Add a strip of silver dotted vellum to the middle of the woodgrain paper.
  4. Diecut hearts from pink, grey & woodgrain papers.
  5. Arrange them in rows to the vellum strip, then lightly adhere them.
  6. Stitch down the middle of each row of hearts.
  7. Adhere the entire paper block to the card front.
  8. Give the hearts some dimension by pulling up each side.
  9. Diecut the tag from vellum.
  10. Stamp the sentiment in embossing ink, cover in silver glitter embossing powder & heat set.
  11. Adhere to the bottom of the card over top of some of the hearts.
  12. Embellish with wood & enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges:



I really hope that you will join us in using this beautiful inspiration photo, & defining what your style of card making is!!  Here is a reminder of the rules:
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 16th at Noon (PST).  So be sure to join in on the fun before then...who knows, you could be picked as a favorite!

That is all that I have for you today!  If you want to see sneak peeks of future projects & keep up with me on Facebook, please head on over & like the Lea Lawson Creates page!!  And don't forget to become a follower in the right sidebar so you never miss a post.  Have an awesome rest of your day!!

Until later,
~L.

11 comments

  1. Your inspiration card for the challenge is fabulous! I adore the paper that you used to create a perfect Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that embossing on the vellum..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lea! Love all the fabulous detail...the stitching and wood grain background really make the hearts pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just AWESOME Lea! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘HEARTS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that Oula gig sounds like FUN!! Stick with, it your calling will improved with practice!
    Your card is Spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing card! I love the wood grain background and the papers for your hearts are perfect! Good for you for becoming an instructor, you'll get it soon enough and your students will probably be very encouraging along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea... Gorgeousness!!! now I'm not just saying this... you took the thought right out of my brain!! Totally where I would go... I'm thinking it over...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card and design. The sentiment is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Lea. Love the tiny stitched hearts. The heat embossed greeting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure beauty on a card! Love those stitched hearts and that vellum layer for the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super PRETTY Lea! I Love your style, design so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥