2014 Year in Review

December 31, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!  Pardon my lack of posting...the holidays, cleaning up & getting ready for 2015 has taken up most of my time!!  As 2014 comes to a close, I would like to take a moment to reflect on this past year in my crafting life.  I will share my favorite projects from this past year, but first...I just want to go over some of my highlights!!

In January I was asked to be a guest designer for Winnie & Walter, and then later added full-time to their creative team.  I was also asked to be part of the Lil' Inker Designs creative team this year...and I love both of these stamp/die companies!!

Early in the year I got an email from Stephanie Howell asking me to join the My Mind's Eye creative team...and I about fell over!!  They are one of my favorite paper companies, and I am still so excited to be part of the team. 

I made a very hard decision to step away from Glitz Design, but it has been a blessing.  The company just wasn't the same after it changed ownership, and it was the right decision for me.  I have more time to just create for myself now, and I really love that.

I was asked to guest design for Neat & Tangled stamps in December, and I had SUCH a great time!  I made some of my latest favorite cards for those guest design posts, and am so happy that I got a chance to use their great product!  I know I will keep using it all in the future!

I've also joined the Taylored Expressions blog team, and had my first posts in December.  I've worked with Taylor in the past, and I just love to use her products! I look forward to our continued relationship in the coming year!!

I feel very blessed every single day by all the opportunties that I've been extended in this awesome industry.  I have some more up my sleeve for the early parts of 2015, and look forward to anything else that might come my way.  Thank you to everyone who has asked me to be part of their team (both full-time & guesting), to everyone who reads this little blog of mine & leaves me sweet comments.  I appreciate it more than you know, and feel loved by this close knit community of ours.

Here is a peek at some of my favorite projects from this year:
So, I feel it is pretty obvious what I liked in design, colors & trends this year...lol!  I loved gold, light & airy colors, watercolor, glitter & shimmer, shakers, diecutting, & embossing.  What do you think?

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve....I will see you on the flip side!!

Until later,
~L.

7 comments

  1. What a great year it was, with lots of oppertunities for you! You have made a bunch of beautiful cards too, I love both your layered and CAS cards. Happy new years eve and all the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are drop-dead gawjuss! Love the CAS and elegant cards. Congrats on all your new journeys...looking forward to a wonderful 2015 with you!
    Hugs and keep smilin'...
    Sunshine Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, Lea! What a great year for you! May 2015 be even better! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love each and every card! So glad that you are in demand for designing (so not surprised!!)! Wish you all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make beautiful cards. I love you designs and started following you.
    Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥