Mama Elephant December Challenge

December 1, 2014

Happy Monday, blog friends!  Please pardon the cobwebs around here...I've been super busy working on some projects using upcoming releases, and not a lot of time to do anything extra!  But the first day of the month marks a new Mama Elephant challenge!
http://www.mamaelephantandme.blogspot.com/2014/12/december-challenge.html
I know we are right smack in the middle of holiday time, but we though there is no time like the present to start thinking about Valentine's Day!! Plus, it is also a nice breath of fresh air from everything being all about Thanksgiving & Christmas...don't you think?

My card is relatively simple, but I stamped the background using about 26 different Mama Elephant stamp sets....pulling sentiments & images that I felt worked for a love themed card.  I totally understand that not everyone has 26+ stamp sets from each company....so feel free to mix & match all of your stamps to create the same look!  Or better yet, find creative ways to use the stamp sets from Mama Elephant that you DO have on hand!!
I will say...the background isn't perfect, but isn't that the appeal of handmade items anyway?  They aren't mass produced, and being made by hand means that imperfections are going to exist.  And I couldn't be happier with how this background turned out....I just LOVE all the sentiments that I got onto it, and how it kind-of looks like patterned paper!!

Because the background is so packed & busy...I kept a simple color scheme that is masculine enough to give to your favorite guy on Valentine's Day!!  And while glitter isn't exactly masculine...I think we all get a pass on V-Day!! Lol!! :)

Card Challenges:



I really hope you will play along with us!  Here are some quick rules for the challenge:
  • Your entry must use at least one Mama Elephant stamp
  • Your entry must be based on the challenge/inspiration source provided
  • Your entry must link back to the ME & me December blog post along with the graphic image
  • Winner gets featured here and a stamp set of choice
  • Deadline is December 28th
  • Link up using the Inlinkz on the bottom
  • Have fun, stamp, stamp, stamp!!!

 Be sure to check out what the rest of the challenge team has created for this month's challenge as well!


Thanks for checking out my post today!  If you want to see more of what I will be creating this December, be sure to like my Lea Lawson Creates Facebook page, and become a follower of my blog in the right hand column! :)

Have a wonderful Monday! 

Until later,
~L.

14 comments

  1. Wow! This is fantastic! It all comes together perfectly, I love how there are no spaces, it's so tight. Totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 26 sets? lol. Your card is brilliant Lea and your background is stamped so perfectly it could be design paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! What a great idea, love how it turned out. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! How fun is this card? I LOVE how you created the background with all those stamps!!! Totally brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiration you are, Lea!! This came out perfectly... I.LOVE.IT.!!! I'm gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing and so creative! Love how you created your background, it almost has a newspaper look to it. And you red glittery love tag looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely adore that background. just amazing work! love love love this beauty, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great BG! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Lea - I love it!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow!!! Your card is like an ME slideshow or ME highlight roll in one glance. I seriously looked at your card for a good 5 minutes just ooohing and aaahing. So impressive and so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...you stamped all those background sentiments??!! I thought it was one background stamp until I read your post. WOW. Great idea and fabulous results. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is a breath of fresh air, Lea! But 26 stamp sets? My you are much more patient than I! The end result is amazing, though. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kudos to you for using 26 sets and using them to create that amazing background! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥