May Your Holidays Be Merry & Bright

December 5, 2014

Happy Friday, blog friends!!  We're almost to the weekend...yay!!  Do you have anything fun planned? I think we are going to be pretty low key - I need to get the house cleaned up & decorated for the holidays!!

I have a fun little announcement today!  I'm super excited to be this month's guest on the Neat & Tangled blog! And I've got some fun holiday projects in store for you over the next few weeks!

For my first card I knew I HAD to use the Very Merry stamp set, as that large scripted "merry" was just begging me to emboss it in glittery gold! As I looked over the entire set, I realized that the longer sentiment would be PERFECT as an ornament hanger. That is how my cute little shaker card came to be! :)
There is a full list of instructions on how to recreate this card on my Neat & Tangled blog post today, so head on over to check those out!!  

Card Challenges: 




**The embossing powder is the Recollections brand from Michael's.  They don't have it on their website, but the color is called "clear gold".**

Thanks so much for checking out my card today! I will be back next week with another fun holiday project to share!

If you want to see more of what I will be creating this December, be sure to like my Lea Lawson Creates Facebook page, and become a follower of my blog in the right hand column! :)

Have a great weekend!!

Until later,
~L.

13 comments

  1. What an amazing card. I love the shaker element and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool shaker card! Love the ornament you created, the colors, and the leaves/bells! So glad to see you guesting this month! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so CLEVER!! Love the ornament idea and the fun colors you used. Totally amazing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design and the shaker!! The details are perfect!! What a stunning card!! Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card; I love the purple! Using that sentiment as an ornament string was a perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific ornament shaker :) love the idea of sentiment strip !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card, love the non traditional colours and that its a shaker.
    So glad you joined us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, just . . . STUNNING! LOVE it! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love all of the texture, from the sequins to the bells...it's all fabulous! I love your sentiment too. It all works so nicely together! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. Loads of yummy elements but still lovely and CAS. Lovely colours, textures and the all important Christmas bling. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This
    Is
    AMAZING!!
    Is it possible to fall in love with a card...? I think I just did! Swoon! So much amazing holiday action...in a new and fresh way! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgosh!!!! I LOVE this card! i love everything about it!!! the shaker, the gold sentiment... the touches of black.. fabulous!!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp! (p.s. sharing this on my FB artist page too :) http://www.facebook.com/jennshurkus.artist)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being featured on the ATS blog with this gorgeous card! I've been wanting to create a shaker card using a new ornament die I bought and this may be just the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥