The Card Concept 26

January 7, 2015

Hi there, blog friends!! I hope the middle of the week finds you having a great one so far.  A little while ago I was asked to be part of the 2015 creative team at The Card Concept challenge blog.  This is a fun challenge that explores all the different types of styles, & utilizes inspiration photos to base your project off of.  I've been added as one of the freestyle collage designers, & I will get more into the definition of that style below.

Today not only marks the first challenge of 2015, but also the one year anniversary of the blog being open!!
As you can see, the inspiration photo is beautiful!  I fell in love with the colors, although I used a more liberal amount of blue on my card, and the gorgeous flowers.

Creating a freestyle collage card is all about freedom & mixing.  It is about using items that might typically be unrelated, and finding a way to use them together.  Mostly it's about not limiting yourself with boundaries when it comes to card design.  And that is why I fit in this category best...I dabble in all styles of cardmaking, I never fear adding tons of layers, and I create best when it is an organic experience.

For my card today, I've mixed & matched some My Mind's Eye products (all will be linked below), and just layered to my hearts content.  It's feminine & full of my favorite colors with a little bit of added glitter...I love how it turned out!
   What do you think of my take on the inspiration photo?  It's a little more eclectic & funky...but that kind-of fits me perfectly.  :)  The chipboard flower in the background was one larger piece, but was too big for my card.  So I cut it into two pieces so I could layer one part on top of the other.  It made it fit better, and gave my card some extra dimension...which I think is an added plus!!

Other Card Challenges:





I really hope that you will join us in using this beautiful inspiration photo, & defining what your style of card making is!!  Here is a reminder of the rules:

  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, January 19th at Noon (PST).  So be sure to join in on the fun before then...who knows, you could be picked as a favorite!

That is all that I have for you today!  If you want to see sneak peeks of future projects & keep up with me on Facebook, please head on over & like the Lea Lawson Creates page!!  And don't forget to become a follower in the right sidebar so you never miss a post.  Have an awesome rest of your day!!

Until later,
~L.

23 comments

  1. Gorgeously sweet and beautiful Lea! I wish I could layer like you! BTW this could be submitted to my challenge too if you like - the colours work well as does that dainty white sentiment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, Lea. Love the pattern mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea! Love your card and all the fun embelishments, so pretty!

    I spend winters in Fargo...sounds strange I know...I should be in Florida or someplace WARM...but my hubby works here now. We spend summers at our home in MN on the lake.

    Fun to be on the DT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so fun and exciting!! So many patterns and layers that work perfectly together- I can see that you are an expert at Freestyle Collage :-) So excited to be designing with you at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and oh-so-eclectic. Love the UR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Lea! Love how your made all the patterns work together so well. So excited to be designing with you at TCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea it's adorable!! what is that transparent material? vellum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Francesca!! It is a printed transparency from My Mind's Eye...they are SO pretty!! They are linked above in my supply list if you want to check them out!!! :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations and beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
    - Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I like the layering and the colors of the collection/products you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, festive, bright and very beautiful free style Lea! Every element is terrific! It's great to have you on the TCC DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Lea! Love the colors and your fabulous collage. Welcome to the TCC team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea beautiful card, I am so thrilld to have you join the team at the Card Concept. Thank you so much for sharing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness...so excited to have you designing in the Freestyle Collage style! I love this gorgeous take on the challenge and the scripty words, fantastic papers and accents. It is a feast for the eyes! Welcome to the team, Lea!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, such lovely details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm quite humbled to be in the same style category as you Lea, let alone a DT! Your cards are exemplary: )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every time I see this beauty I sigh happily. Such perfect colours and layers and feminine deliciousness! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lea, your card is absolutely, definitely, amazingly STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, your card blew my mind - SO GORGEOUS..I love your freestyle collages, they are absolutely gorgeous and always make me want to rush to my desk and create :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! This card is seriously breathtaking. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card! and I love the mix of different elements! TFS & happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥