Winnie & Walter February 2016 - Day 1

February 23, 2016

Hi friends!  It's been super quiet around here since I made my exciting announcement on Valentine's day.  One...I haven't felt super awesome the past couple weeks.  And two...I've been working hard on this month's new Winnie & Walter release!  It's been a long while since I've felt able to participate in a release week, and starting back up is part of my healing process.  Before I get on with my post, I just wanted to thank everyone for the sweet & encouraging comments on our announcement.  I know that many of you have continually prayed for me over the past year, and words could never accurately express my gratitude.

Alright...so back to the Winnie & Walter February release day 1!  This morning we are showcasing the following new items:

In Bloom: Eva's Favorite Flowers stamp set
In A Word: Kisses Cutaway
Scenery: Pattern of the Rings Creative Screening

For my first card I've combined the new Creative Screening with the new Kisses Cutaway.  I paired them with the previously released In A Word: Hugs Cutaway, along with the ampersand from The Big, the Bold and the Merry stamp set.
I started with an eggplant colored A2 card base.  To create the screened background, I blended 4 shades of distress ink from purple to light pink.  I adhered the inked background to the card base with foam tape.  Next I diecut the words from matching dotted patterned papers, then cut each word from white cardstock a few more times.  I layered them together to provide thickness & stability, and adhered them to the middle of the card.  I stamped & heat embossed the ampersand to vellum, cut it out & added it to the top.  I finished by accenting the card with jewels & sequins.

SUPPLIES:



For my second card, I combined the new In Bloom: Ava's Favorite Flowers stamp set, with a few previously released items.  The sentiment was created from the Happiest of Holidays stamp set, and I love that you can create non-holiday themed sentiments with many of the Winnie & Walter seasonal stamp sets.  I also used the In Bloom: Paulina's Greenery Cutaways to help with my accenting.
 I started with a white A2 card base.  To create the background, I blended three shades of distress ink together in aqua, pink & yellow.  I splattered the front with water, then picked it back up with a towel.  I then stamped & heat embossed the flowers to the front.  Once set, I adhered the inked background to the card base with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment to a strip of white cardstock, then cut it into an arrow shape.  I adhered it over top a knot of gold thread with dimensional adhesive.  I diecut the greenery multiple times from vellum, then adhered it around the sentiment banner along with pearl flourishes.  To finish, I accented the front with gold dots.

SUPPLIES:



There are some giveaways going on at the Winnie & Walter blog to be aware of:

The rest of the Winnie & Walter talent also have amazing samples to share with you, so be sure to check out their blogs too!


I will be back tomorrow morning with some more projects using these brand new products!  Hope to see you again!

Until later,
~L.

Card Challenges:

10 comments

  1. Oh Lea, these are stunning! What beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, love the pink and purple and polka dot combo and the elegant ink blended background on the second one is a pretty background for your elegant floral spray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cards!! I LOVE the first one with the wonderful background and the pretty sentiments in pink and purple. The second is amazing with the washed background . Beautiful design!! Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    Nora Noll
    #ssdtictactoechallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Lea! Love that you pulled out the "hugs" cutaway to pair with "kisses" ... they look great together! And your background on the non-Christmas peace card is just dreamy : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - both cards are absolutely gorgeous - but I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud when I saw that second card! Absolutely BREATHTAKING!!! Words can't say how happy I am to be seeing your beautiful creations again - and huge congratulations (and many prayers!) to you once more! :)

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! And wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ombre card! Thanks for joining us this weel on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I love the color combination on the first, but the second is just so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lea!
    What a fabulous card....as always. I'm always excited (and so happy) when I see your wonderful creations linked to our challenges. I really appreciate your participation, and can't thank you enough. Have a blessed week, and please join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Great ink blending and just love that circle stencil.
    Tracie Pond
    Stamping Smiles Designs
    Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
    #ssdtictactoechallenge
    Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥