2 Sketches 4 U, Week 3

June 20, 2008

For some reason, my immediate thoughts went to Christmas when I saw the sketch for this week at 2 Sketches 4 U. I think it is because I have tons of these sweet vintage images from Crafty Secrets, and they worked perfectly with the sketch! Here is a link to the sketch for this week...be sure to check it out!

So, I got this card done last night, while having an 80's dance party in my scrap room (tee hee hee CPS girls...you SO know what I am talking about here!). Did you know that on the 80's channel on XM radio they air past Top 40's with Casey Casum? Well, last night they aired the show from 6/28/1986- it was awesome. I may have only been 6 in 1986, but I had young and hip parents in the 80's. I can so sing along with most of the 80's pop music!

And in keeping theme with more winter oriented holidays, these are some Thanksgiving cards I did for the November Cards Magazine call that didn't get picked up. That's okay...now I already have some cards to send at Thanksgiving time!


So, what do you have planned for the weekend? Tonight I just want to hang out at home. Get some cards done, hang out with the pups....start on laundry, because I have A LOT to get done. Tomorrow I want to go shopping for a few new summery skirts and tops to wear to work. Now that we are finally having summer weather! :) I have church at 7pm, and then I want to book it up to Evaro to watch a firework show that I was invited to by a co-worker, and her husband is the one putting on the big show. In Montana you can buy fireworks and light them outside of city limits, so we get fireworks stands all over the place. One of the biggest stands is in Evaro, and before the big fireworks show on Saturday they are going to give the viewers a preview of the different types they can buy. And then we get the big show. I love to watch fireworks, not light them...so I always love to see a show! No plans for Sunday, except some house cleaning, and hopefully some time on the back deck in the sun!

Have a totally rad Friday (sorry...still basking in an 80's glow from last night),
~Lea

31 comments

  1. Wow Lea, these are beautiful!! I love the Christmas theme:) Great take on my sketch!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What fabulous cards! Loving the vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards.....Fantastic. hugs rach..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful Lea. I need to break out my Crafty Secrets now:) Thanks for the inspiration...love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Lea! :) Love the "vintage" look! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love those vintage images. very sweet! well done on the sketch this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the cards you made. Ofcourse the vintage feeling Really nice.
    xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    Love your take on the challenge! You make a beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the cards! I just love those little vintage photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards Lea - and I can so remember all the words to the songs of the 80's! Love the music but think I will the shoulder pads a skip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, your cards are gorgeous...all of them. I really like the vintage images :) Aaaahhh the 80's how can anyone forget. That's were real music began to come alive :) ....lol...my parents would argue with that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. I love your Christmas card for the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Christmas card to the sketch, fabulous! Love your Thanksgiving cards took, can't believe they didn't get picked up! I was enjoying reading until I saw that you were 6 in 1986, ugh! But I agree, it was fun, great music! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. THese are all so beautiful.
    LOVE the Christmas card. These vintage cards are so elegant and eyecatching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so adorable Lea---so sweet and warm and melty--just love them! Is that what 80's music can do for me :).
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are GREAT Lea!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment :)
    x
    Rima

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greatgreatgreat card. Loved the vintage one. Especially how you tied the bow. I still haven`t figured out how to do that correctly.
    And thanks so much for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for your comment!

    You did a great job on that sketch!!

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  19. totally LOVE the card well cards actually BUT Lea CHRISTMAS its June!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards as usaul. Love how you always have a touch of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous cards! I like the vintage look of your xmas card. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, Lea!!! I love your Christmas card !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are so amazing - Luv the Christmas card and the vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving all the cards Lea and too funny about the 80's music.. I can just see you. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LEA! HI! :) You're so cute!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards! SO beautiful! LOVE that vintage feel!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    HUGS!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Lea, love how you've made your sketch into a christmas card. Your colour combo is lovely as is your image. Well done.
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all gorgeous Lea...
    Hope you enjoyed the fireworks!!!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love that christmas card. so beautiful!! hope you got some good sun on the deck today.
    you rock on with your bad self you 80's lovin' chick! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all your vintage looking cards, sweets. I love that you've been using those Crafty Secrets lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lea gorgeous cards as always !! wanted to come by and say a huge thankyou !! my magazine arrived today and i love the stickers you sent. they couldn't have come at a better time just lost a family member and had the funeral yesterday so been feeling really low the past few days !! thankyou so much again for brightening my day !! i love your published work and thanks for signing it !!

    huge hugs

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  31. MMMMM I love em....and yeah...you and that 80's music get along really well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥