CPS 68 and 2 Sketches 4 U week 2

June 14, 2008

Sorry I have been MIA this week. I had a whole lot going on it all parts of my life, and my little old blog had to be put on the back burner. I also really haven't had anything good to share either....so I just figured I would wait until I did.

I got a card done for the week 2 sketch at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog last night, using the new "Get Happy" line by Cosmo Cricket. My card design kind-of took a life of its own on as I kept going, but I think you can still tell that the sketch was my jumping off point for it!

We did a father's day theme for this week's sketch at the CPS blog. Lots of awesome dad inspired cards this week....be sure to check them all out! My dad got this card in the mail on Thursday, and his comment cracked me up! He said that cards aren't as fun to see in magazines as layouts are....but it is awesome to get one in real life. They look so neat! Tee hee....so he isn't a fan of Cards Magazine obviously....but he like them in person. Lots of Scenic Route on this card, and Heidi Swapp chipboard.

You can probably tell from the tone of my first paragraph that I have had a rough week. I am not going to go into detail, but it has just been one of those weeks. Jody Ferlaak has this song on her music roll on her blog, and part of the lyrics really spoke to me this week. It is a song called "Held" by Natalie Grant. It just reminds me that amidst all of the pain and disappointment that you suffer in this world, God is bigger than all of it. He wants us to cling to Him, rely on him to be our saving grace. It is so easy to get bitter, broken, and cold hearted in this world. God doesn't want that for his children. Here is the part of the song that really spoke to me through the entire week:

This hand is bitterness.
We want to taste it, let the hatred numb our sorrow.
The wise hands opens slowly to lillys of the valley and tomorrow.

Chorus:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held.

Bridge:
If hope is born of suffering.
If this is only the beginning.
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

If you want to hear the song, I am also attaching the video to the post. Hope you like it.





I hope that everyone has a blessed Saturday,
~Lea

27 comments

  1. I love all of your cards. I love the bright colors. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
    Take care,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL cards!!! Thanks for the blog love too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the colors in your top card ... and the softer, masculine design of your father's day creation ... your dad's comment is too funny ... of course it's better to have one in real life :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea .... I have no idea how I haven't been to your blog before!! *blush* Your cards are ALL wonderful!! Your very talented!! Thank you for your kind words on my blog! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea those are such yummy colors on the first card - I love that your card took on a life of it's own - that is your brilliant creativity rocking! Thanks for playing this week - hope next week is a little less hectic for you
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI there, thanks for my blog comment :o) Your cards are lovely, i especially love the colours of the first one - really different and striking! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. TWO BEAUTIFUL CARDS AS ALWAYS LEA, WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lea! This cars is stunning!!! I love your color combo:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lea...Well two gorgeous card again....
    and that is a beautiful song...
    Hope you are feeling a lot better:)
    Bless you and your family:)
    I hope you dont mind if I add you to my blog roll please:)
    Have a lovely week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards Lea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Cards : ) Luv the color combo in the 1st card, and I really like how you did the greeting on the Father's Day card - Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is always so amazing, and these cards are no exception. tfs

    Sorry your week has been so rough. What a beautiful song to have rollin' around in your head, though. Very inspiring message there. Hope next week will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are gorgeous. I used SR for my Father's Day card as well. ;-) Hope you are doing better, and that next week will be a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both cards! Sorry you had a bad week. Congrats on the Fab5!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Lea, I am sorry to hear you had a hard week. Keep turning to Jesus! He will strengthen you and remember...His mercies are new EVERY morning!! I hope you will see His mercy today in some way!

    Your cards are beautiful :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely gorgeous card, loving those colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just sweet sweet sweet Lea! I like the top color combo esp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Wow Wow....I just love all of your cards, what a beautiful blog : )
    Hope you have a better week.
    lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea, these are SO beautiful--you rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both cards, Lea. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow! totally GORGEOUS! i adore the first one, especially, and i can TOTALLY "see" the sketch...but i love the way you used it as a "starting point" and went on from there. fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards as always.

    I'm still sending you hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being one of the Fab5! Your card is wonderful! I LOVE the colors, beautiful but still perfect for guy colors... :P

    I was away for the weekend so didn't find out until yesterday afternoon.

    Nikki...one of the other Fab5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummy- Orlando oh, and your card too- hehe! Hope you have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, love your father's card.. gorgeous colours and patterns. No wonder he loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Father's Day card, Lea! Sorry I missed the first one. Congrats on the pub! Hope you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥