2 Sketches 4 U Week 4, and CPS 70

June 28, 2008

Happy Saturday morning!! Did everyone have a good first night of the weekend? We had some fun at a Missoula Osprey baseball game...even though they lost again. I don't think they have won a game all season yet. Not the norm for the Osprey...I hope they get it figured out soon! But, it was still fun, and nice to be out in the gorgeous weather we have been having! Now, today is supposed to be pushing 100 degrees...which would be near record or record highs for this time of year in Montana. I went outside for a little bit and watered my flowers, and piddled around on the deck for a bit, just enjoying the mild temp while I could!

I have a couple of things to share this morning. First up, my card for the week 4 sketch at 2 Sketches 4 U. Such a cute and fun little sketch blog....be sure to check it out if you haven't! This card uses lots of the "Celebration" paper and rub-ons by American Crafts. As a former cheerleader for 12 years, I decided it needed to be my mission to use the cute megaphone on this card! I like how it turned out! :)And this is my card for sketch #70 at the CPS blog. It is hard to believe that we have done 70 sketches already!! It is such a fun challenge blog to be part of. The other girls are just awesome- we have so much fun emailing....with dance parties and everything. ;) Tee hee girls! Anyways, this card uses the "Spring & Summer" paper and chipboard from American Crafts, along with some older American Crafts minimark sentiment rub-ons....and Doodelbug Designs rhinestones, which are my very fave rhinestones these days! I have also been tagged by the sweet Leslie Ashe. So, here we go!

1. 10 years ago....
I graduated from high school, and was ready to move on to college life! I had made the University of Montana co-ed cheer squad, and we had aspirations to compete in the UCA National Cheer Competition in Orlando, FL (which we did, BTW). My whole summer that year was dedicated to cheerleading. (And I cannot believe my 10 year reunion is in July...time just flew by!)

2. 5 things on today's "to do" list....
Water flowers (done), blogging (almost done), kitchen clean-up, movie with Josh, and church at 7:05pm.

3. Snacks I enjoy....
Dark chocolate, healthy pop kettle corn, almost any type of fruit, crackers & cheese, and yogurt with grapenuts mixed in.

4. Things I would do if I was a millionaire....
~Buy my parents a house of their own, so they wouldn't have to live in the church parsonage anymore.
~Pay off my inlaws house.
~Fund Casey's college.
~Build the house of our dreams.
~Travel a lot.
~Invest wisely so Josh and I wouldn't have to work anymore...and we could do the things we love, volunteer on a regular basis...those kind of things.

5. Places I have lived....
Ronan, Montana
Tucson, Arizona
Missoula, Montana
Salt Lake City, Utah
and back to Missoula, Montana

I think I am supposed to tag people, but I am not going to. If you want to do the questions on your blog....please feel free, and let me know so I can read your answers!

Well, I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend, full of fun and sun...but not too much sun! Don't want to get toasted!

Enjoy your day,
~Lea

32 comments

  1. Great cards! I really like the bright colors. You're cards look so clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lea!!! I love both these cards ...The use of the megaphone is fab....they are sooo cheerful!!!!lol......yet both so different :)TFS...
    I must check out those Rhinestones now!!!I love them :):):)
    Was great to read your answersTFS...x
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Scrumptious cards! I love the bright colours!! You work magic with your cards!! :) I'm working on CPS #70 today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stars and stripes are so cute together and the colors are so summery and "cheery"! Loved reading you answers to the Tagging thing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Great card for the sketch! Love the colors and that big megaphone, such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw what a gorgeous cards. Gr Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your cards - Love the megaphone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness you are so super talented Lea!!! These are both beautiful:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! I love the bright, beautiful colors. I so feel like cheering when I see your card. Way to Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I absolutly love the megaphone card it is bright and cheerful.

    Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  11. The megaphone card is so awesome!!!

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea your work just blows me away!! I love your style and well everything you touch is just GORGEOUS!!! Wonderful work here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow Lea,
    love these nice bright and cheerful cards.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are just so bright and colorful! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both gorgeous, Lea!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Lea.. These are great cards!! I love the butterfly one esepcially.. So bright and fresh! :o)

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, too! :o)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both cards. The second one is my favorite since I love butterflies and that AC paper. 70 sketches? I know, time flies. Love reading all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun are both of these cards! ... love everything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lea, thanks for the lovely comment you left me. Your cards are delightful & the papers are yummy. Like you I just love my gems.

    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your cards!!!!

    The birthday day one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are soo great! I scrap-lifted your CPS card...I hope you don't mind! Check it out here:

    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1363036

    Thanks for your inspiration :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Lea ... Congrats on the PC Gallory Idol!!! Your work is stunning!!! I love it!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  23. LEA!! Gorgeous cards, girl! WOW! I just love seeing all your work. You ROCK!! :)

    HEY thanks for doing the tag! I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your answers!

    Thanks for making me smile big..your words are so special!

    HUGS!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  24. LEA! Cupcakes and Sunshine for you today sweets! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You make such fun cards. So bright and full of colour. I hope your brother is doing better.

    Marie
    http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. a HUGE congrats on being a SOY finalist!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are so bright and cheery! WOW!!
    I just finished up my 10 year..happy to see some, happy to not see others for another 10! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  28. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!
    IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
    YAY!! ON SOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE those cards! Especially the cheerleader one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These cards are so drool worthy, love them all. It was fun reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lea, I didn't know about PC Idol!! You are my choice hands down! Keep us posted. Your cards are so stunning...just perfect. xoxo Cris

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥