June Provo Craft Projects

June 25, 2008

Good Wednesday evening!! Life has been crazy busy again. I remember a time when summer was about lazy days, playing outside with my cousins & friends all day long. I miss those days. I am ready for a slower pace right now, but I just don't think it is going to happen because of my job. I think I will be able to take a breath once the election is over in November. Sigh...that is a long ways away.

Well, it is the time of the month when I am ready to post my Provo Craft projects. I had three somewhat specific assignments for the month of June, including a 12x12 layout, and 8x8 layout, and one other type of project. My first assignment was to use my Cuttlekids machine. I decided to use this for my "other" project, and did up this card with the Outer Space dies & the "Tadpole Alphabet" dies, which are completely adorable! Also featured on this card is the "Kids" paper collection by American Crafts. I thought it was a perfect fit for these dies!


My second assignment was to use a Disney character from any of the Disney cartridges that Provo Craft has available. The tricky part was that the layout couldn't have photos from any Disney related park, or photos of anyone in Disney character costumes (something to do with it getting approval for advertising). I had to seriously think about this layout because of these stipulations. I finally thought of something I could do with it, and decided on making this the 12x12 layout because the Disney character look better the larger you can cut them out. I used the Cricut Expression and the "Happily Ever After" cartridge, which features my very favorite Disney character ever...Cinderella. It also features the "Garden" collection of Chatterbox papers...one of my very favorites by them. I have been sparingly using this paper now for well over a year, and it is almost all gone. It has gone to good use though, so I am trying not to be too sad! ;)

And last but not least, my third assignment was to do a project featuring any of the new "Solutions" cartridges by Provo. I featured the "Indie Art" and "Street Sign" carts for this one. This project is obviously the 8x8 layout that was assigned to me. They are harder than I thought...I am so used to the 12x12 format. This is about my little cutie Sadie, and her obsession with anything strawberry. She is so adorable! In fact...I cut up some strawberries tonight and she got herself a little treat! This layout also features the "Spring & Summer" paper collection by American Crafts. I love the bright colors and bold patterns of this paper, and felt it was perfect for the layout!


Thanks for taking the time to look over my projects! I hope everyone is having a very happy week so far! Oh, if you have a spare moment check out this post on the Glitz blog. A new Christmas and Halloween release at summer CHA....going to be so fun to use!! I just see some hip seasonal cards in the making with these lines!

Isn't it the weekend yet!?
~Lea

15 comments

  1. Oh my goodness Lea all of your projects are awesome as usual but that princess one is SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always Lea...you rock. Love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Lea!! Love all of the AC!! And that strawberry LO is scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful. Love the various cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creatins as alwyas Lea..TFS:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetness girl--LOVE your PC assignments---that card is the cutest thing ever, and...umm..I used the very same paper, cartridge, and icons for my 12x12 layout----creepy that we think so much alike :) I knew I loved ya.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of this Lea!! Totally cute layouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Fabulous projects! Love that card, how the rocket is heading toward the stars and moon! The Disney layout sounds like quite a challenge, but youdid great! And the strawberry layout, love the pops of color and how you did the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, awesome projects! Love the strawberry one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love these projects awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! I really like the sparkle coming out of the back of the rocket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, terrific projects. Your layouts are as good as your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are gorgeous, Lea!!!! I really, really love the Over the Moon card!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love your layouts! The strawberry girl is adorable.
    Take care,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all adorable, but especially love the over the moon card! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥