Catching up on 2 Sketches 4 U!

August 20, 2008

I LOVE this little sketch blog, but the busyness of the two weeks hasn't allowed me to participate! So, I got the three sketches that I missed done over the past couple of evenings and am ready to share them! First up, this is my card for the current sketch, Kazan's Sketch 7. It also features some new Scenic Route papers called Appleton.

"Thanks Teacher" Card
Supply List:
Cardstock: Prism
Patterned Paper: Scenic Route
Lace Paper: KI Memories
Letter Stickers: Doodlebug Designs (blue) & Making Memories (white)
Rubber Charm: October Afternoon
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Ink: Clearsnap
This is using last week's sketch, Laura's sketch 6. Using up some precious Sassfass "Sunshine Lollipop" scraps. I just can't even make myself throw away any little bit of this paper...I just love it!

“Luv U Lots” Card
Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Paper/Stickers: Sassafras
Ribbon: Michael’s brand
Rub-ons: Doodlebug Designs
Rhinestones: Doodlebug Designs & Glitz Designs
Ink: Clearsnap

And last but not least, this card uses the sketch from two weeks ago, Kazan's Sketch 6. I used KI Memories "Bloom" collection on this one! So bright and fun...just love it! “Thank You” Card
Supply List:
Cardstock: Wausau
Paper/Stickers: KI Memories
Felt Accent: Provo Craft
Rhinestones: Jesse James & Glitz Designs
Ink: Clearsnap
Corner Rounder: EK Success

It is nice to get back into my scrappy groove! I have felt a bit out of sorts the past couple of weeks....but am now ready to get back full force! I have some really cute layouts sketched out that I will actually be posting online (gasp), so be sure to check back for those!

And who else is excited for FOOTBALL SEASON to begin! I am ready for high school football and college football to begin! I don't mind NFL, but it isn't my favorite. You can bet though...any time there is football on TV that it is on at our house! Josh is a big football nut, and will talk to his dad all day long on Saturdays about the games going on. It is really my favorite time of year. Cooler temperatures that are still bearable, the excitement of football, the changing colors, searching for that perfect pumpkin...and all of this leading into the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. I love fall...and I am ready for it!

My little brother is gearing up for another great season of football as well! He will be a junior this year, and starting at quarterback. Since it is small town, 8-man football...he is also the kicker, defensive end (I think that is what it is called) and a blocker once the ball leaves his hands as QB. It is so fun to watch, and he LOVES it. This is their first week of practice (they did have a football camp a few weeks ago as well), and it sounds like they are looking HOT. Their first game of the season is a rematch of the state championship game last year!! They lost that one...but I have a feeling times are starting to change in Class C football in Montana. I think it may just be the year of the Panther. Oh yes...there is a change drifting in the crisp Montana air...a big change! Go purple!

We travel to EVERY game, no matter where it is. And I have a super sexy sports lens to shoot photos with this year....YES! So excited to use it! Only sixteen more days until the craziness begins...and I love it!

~Lea

24 comments

  1. Love these wonderful bright and funky cards Lea. Missed you these past few weeks - Congrats once again on your wonderful SOY success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so great as usual! Oh and congrats on being a runner up for SOY! That's way exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa girl...you are on FIRE! I can't wait to see MORE MORE MORE!!! :) I missed your happy little posts there for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you're back in the groove, and look at everything you've done!!! Wow! These are some fabulous cards! I love all of the bright, cheerful colors...all of them make me wanna smile!

    I especially love the thank you card with the felt flower...too cute! Can't wait to see your layouts soon! :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl i so love your work....awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Lea, I love how bright and whimsical they are.
    Glad to have ya back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW -- your cards are amazing!!
    Love them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So fun to see some cards from you, girl! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lea!! Wonderful cards you've made!! Love these colors!

    XxX Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, all cards look lovely. Great job!

    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow girl!! these are all so cute! My hubby mentioned the upcoming football season and I thought of you! I know you're excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lea...I love all your cards! They are so bright and fun!! I just got some of that SR Appleton paper! Can't wait to use it!! Love what you did with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are fantastic! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, I admire your bold and bright designs! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lea...I love all your cards and these are no exeption..Love them all ..Wow `Fast and Funky` I say...TFS!!!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooops I forgot to say`Congrats` on your runner up at SOY...by the way ....:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sigh, I love your cards, love, love them. You work bright colors like NO ONE else. I, too, am oh so excited about football, my son's a freshman and playing, a wee bit of nerves but I LOVE football too. Can't wait to read about Josh, will be so much fun! (loved your layouts with him playing, they are hello cool) Have a great weekend!
    hugs & love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  20. What cute cards! I love how colorful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lea!! These 3 cards are GORGEOUS!!!! Wonderful work!!! I hear ya with being busy - I was behind on 2sketches also LOL! I am also excited for football to start ... I'm not an avid watcher nor do I understand all the rules LOL - but I love me some New England Patriots!!! .... and maybe a little Tom Brady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow..3 gorgeous card, Lea!!! love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥